DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$68
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$39
Travelodge
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$70
$56
  • Pool
Metro Inns Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$27
  • Free Internet
$59
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$93
  • Breakfast included
Grainger Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$55
$40
Priceline
$90
$75
2,170 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiescolumbus baron arrivalan early flightgreat hotellong stayair concar parkmetro stationrooms are spaciousgood nights sleepmodern hotelfollowing morningreception staffnight's sleepwould stay again
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I love this hotel. An excellent hotel a short few steps outside and across to the airport. The rooms were luxurious, the beds very comfortable, the showers excellent - choice of standard and rain shower in the bathroom.
Of course there was the very welcoming cookie, handed to you at the end of check-in and then off up to the room to have it with a cuppa!
The buffet breakfast was excellent, copious amount of delicious smoked salmon! The black pudding wasn't the best I have tasted (change of brand needed) but the rest was just great. We went to a concert in town and the last metro back to the hotel was at 11pm which was fine but otherwise you would need a taxi, which could cost you as it's about 20 mins out. But I was much happier to be based here as it as it is such a lovely hotel and then it was back out right onto the motorway north again very easily next morning!
As an airport hotel for location you truly can't better it and I will recommend and sell it to all my customers when they book their holidays with me!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Marisa.i, Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us. It's great to hear that you enjoy your stays here, especially our signature DoubleTree chocolate cookie. We are always endeavouring to improve the high standard of the food we serve on our extensive breakfast buffet, and your comment about the black pudding will be passed on. I would also like to thank you for recommending us to your customers, and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked a meal at Fratello's restaurant in the hotel for my girl friend's birthday on January 11th.
As I had enough Hilton Honors points we decided to stay overnight.
The meal was very enjoyable. As my girl friend has to have a gluten-free diet this can sometimes make things more difficult.However,not on this occasion thanks to Chris our waiter.
He was very helpful and even arranged for gluten-free bread to be provided.
The accommodation aspect of our stay was also very good.We had a room with bath and shower and were also provided with bath robes - a nice touch!
We stayed here before an early morning holiday flight last September as well. Our recent stay only confirmed our high opinion of the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: We had room 261 which had a bath AND shower. I believe some rooms have a shower only,but not sure what room numbers they are.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear BCATAH, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us, and even more so that you found the service in our restaurant to be of the high standard that we strive for at DoubleTree. Chris has been made aware of your positive feedback. All of our staff make guest satisfaction their focus throughout all aspects of your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

There simply is no excuse for getting up in the middle of the night to catch a morning flight when this superb hotel is right on the doorstep of Ncl airport. Beautifully appointed rooms, friendly efficient staff, a warm chocolate cookie when you arrive and a lovely geordie lass to welcome you!

Well done Doubletree, you've got it right! Superb breakfast too and a bargain too!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Pr0fessionalC0uple, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I'm pleased that you enjoy your stays at our hotel, every guest experience is important to us. Our location makes us unrivalled for early flights from Newcastle Airport, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your DoubleTree chocolate cookie. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton the night before we cruised the Caribbean and it really set us up nicely for cruise.Lovely clean hotel and very comfortable.We went to hotel Italian restaurant and had an absolutely superb meal which was reasonably priced and the staff were very friendly.Karen and I would definetely recommend this hotel for a stopover before flying from Newcastle and also for a visit to the restaurant.

Room Tip: Higher floor was fine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear saltpansjohnandkaren, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly your meal in Fratello's restaurant. I hope you had a great time on your cruise to the Caribbean and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel over night was a lovely hotel, everything was new and clean. At check in the staff were friendly and helpful, we received a complementary warm chocolate and walnut cookie. Our room was massive!! We had 180 degree windows so we could see everything. There was even a button to close the curtains was very modern! Being at an airport you would expect to hear planes, cars and people but their sound proof windows defiantly work! The bed was comfortable too had a brilliant night sleep. Would 100% stay here again I didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
CatherineG_DOS, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Hope 1990, Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you had such a great stay. We benefit from new and state of the art facilities that we are very proud to show off, and hopefully we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.