“Gorgeous Curry!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dower House
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Bawtry
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Curry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food here is excellent!

I find the whole restaurant a bit strange in terms of it's plush but dated interior, but not in a negative way.

The service is efficient without being intrusive which I really enjoy.

You definitely see the quality relected in the prices, I think we paid around £70 for a meal for two, couple of drinks and mains, and one starter to share.

This is a restaurant I can see myself returning to again and again

Visited November 2012

Finningley, England, United Kingdom
“Good but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went with a few friends on a Saturday night. The interior is tired and in need of a refresh. The food was good, but no better than Lancers just down the street, yet seemed to be priced at a large premium compared to the other Indian restaurant.

The waitress wasn't very smartly dressed, and the waiter was absent most of the time, causing long waits for drinks and service.

I think the one thing that stands out for me is when we got the bill, 20 popadoms cost us £24! This is much more expensive than any other curry house I have ever eaten in, they're just giant crisps at the end of the day!

I wouldn't go again, Lancers is great every time and cheaper too.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“descent food and cloth serviettes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I came here a couple of weeks back as my printer Ken advised me to go. I have to say I feel 3 stars is too low but 4 is too high.

Carpark is in a right old state and I nearly went flying :(

I felt we had descent service so suprised to see so many negatives on this ?

Food well I am used to Kashmir Aroma in Sheffield that do the most amazing starters so this place simply didnt even get close but have to say it was ok.

Main Dishes where once again nice enough but nothing grabbed ma nad made me think wow ! just taste that its amazing.

Would I go again ? yes I would in all honesty and to be fair providing it was the same I would give it 4 stars as it so nearly desered it :)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent very well organised resturant, service is very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Been here few times loved the food everytime i went, loved the desi menu traditional indian cookin, menu was amazing soo many choices to choose from,waiter recommened me a dish and i loved it chiken masala desi :)

Retford, United Kingdom
“Best place in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I go here everyweek! Once a week! And the food is gorgeous! And we know the owner and service men, and they are all so nice and welcoming ! Your NEED to visit! Excellent! Amazing! Just go!