“Our favourite place to dine in Doncaster”
Review of Bliss Food - CLOSED

Bliss Food
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: According to the Collins English Dictionary the definition of Bliss is “Perfect Happiness”.At Bliss Bawtry our simple goal is to help our customers find perfect happiness through a warm welcome to our restaurant which shares the premises at 2 Swan St, with the Bliss beauty salon, and the Bliss Travel service. Visit Bliss Food for a warm welcome, and good food and wine in our self-styled bistro. Inspired by rustic dishes from around the Mediterranean our daytime and evening menus are designed to deliver a Bliss in keeping with Provence, Tuscany or Andalucia. We are passionate in our drive to deliver an informal and innovative dining experience and get to know all our customers as friends!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Our favourite place to dine in Doncaster”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I have visited Bliss on several occasions with our family and friends, for evening meals and 2 recent themed dining evenings and have not been disappointed. The family felt it would be the perfect place to celebrate Paul's birthday/retirement with family and close friends. The lovely Tracey could not have been more helpful in the planning and preparation and even entered into the secrecy of the occasion. We booked the whole restaurant for a Saturday evening and the chef cooked an excellent mediterranean hot and cold buffet. Our guests have all said that Bliss was the perfect venue for a party with delicious food, friendly and attentive staff and many said they would visit again. We are looking out for the next themed evening or any occasion to celebrate, Bliss would always be our first choice.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Christine N

“Authentic food, Bawtry needs more places like this.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Unfortunately, much of Bawtry is in decline. It's popularity is its downfall. Thankfully, Bliss stands out from the rest. The food is great. The atmosphere is outstanding. I have never had a bad meal and you get a lot for your money. The staff are really friendly and courteous. Keep an eye out for the themed evenings as they can be outstanding and worth looking out for. I attended a patty there recently. I would certainly recommend this venue for Birthdays or parties. I expect a busy christmas.

3 Thank james75520
“Always seems to be mistakes with food which could be easily avoided”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I've been twice recently. Once for an evening meal on Friday, once for the lunch and treatment deal. The lunch deal is really good value. I am just disappointed that silly mistakes with food let you down. Last time I came, my friend had beef fillet wrapped in Parma ham. The plastic was still on her parma ham. We did tell you but the waitress just apologized. I think when you're paying £20 for a dish it should be perfect. I'd have expected a replacement and no charge or at least an offer of a free dessert. Recently I came again, although the food tasted nice and the flavours were interesting, everything was overcooked and dry. We sent the brownie back as it was inedible. I just think it'd be a shame if you can't iron this out. It wont stop me returning but I am already expecting problems with the food

4 Thank clarabell77
lee j, Owner at Bliss Food, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I would like to extend my thanks to you for placing this review and for being so objective in the overall review. In the first instance I am beyond disappointed that these basic errors have been allowed to occur and have discussed with both the kitchen and front of house staff. There are no excuses for these slip ups and as you rightly point out we will ruin a hard built reputation by allowing them to happen. I am equally disappointed that the issue was not handled adeqately front of house and you should not have been charged for the dishes in question. Please get in touch and ask for Rebecca on our main number and we will organise a complimentary lunch treatment by means of an apology.
doncaster
“Never fail to deliver”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had another fantastic evening at Bliss Food in Bawtry. Always provide a first class service with top notch food. The staff can't do enough to help and considering there was a party of 15 ladies who went away happy can safely say they never fail to deliver!! Bliss is a perfect venue for private parties, girly get togethers or relaxing lunches. Well done!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank SamKerley
“Spagetti & crayfish is devine”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

From the moment we walk in the door we we are attended too. By a lovely lady (Tracy) who must really love her job and the atmosphere,as she is always happy and can't do enough to help. I can honestly say we have never been disappointed and visit regularly both as a couple or in groups ( great for a girly lunch as you can get a treatment afterward) that's always a bonus ;-)
I'm a fussy eater through allergies and it really does make a pleasant change to go somewhere that doesn't mind leaving something out for me.
always check the specials board my hubby had a spaghetti and crayfish the other day and Said its his new favourite .

2 Thank Yart5