“Excellent again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caviars of Bawtry

Caviars of Bawtry
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Bawtry
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Caviars of Bawtry, situated on a quiet side street in the picturesque market town of Bawtry, serves fine food in an intimate and elegant setting. The perfect venue for a romantic meal or special meal.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our second visit and as good as the first, minus the cabaret! Scallops starters and sea bass mains cooked to perfection, so tasty. Don't 'do' desserts usually but thought it would be rude not to. So glad we did - the rhubarb assiette and the strawberry cheesecake to die for. All washed down with a very pleasant sav blanc. Service faultless. We will return.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jane W
mbeanlands, General Manager at Caviars of Bawtry, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It was our pleasure ... you might have to bring the hubby in next time he's back then!!
See you soon,

Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Left feeling hungry and smelling like a deep fat fryer!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived to a cramped bar area where the other guests and us attempted to manoeuvre around each other and juggle drinks when being shown to the table.
We were shown upstairs to a small area that had two tables fit for four people. The room was above the kitchen area and as the night went in the area began to get more smokey and my eyes started to sting. Shortly after the fire alarm went off and the windows were opened!
The food was as described and not too bad but to be totally honest for the price they charge I have eaten higher quality food elsewhere! I felt it was a restaurant overcharging people with too much money and not enough fine dining experience to know any different!!!

When leaving the restaurant after receiving a bill for £200! My clothes and hair smelt like I had been sat near a chip pan! Needless to say I wasn't impressed as we were going to other bars in the area and I felt like I needed a change of clothes because of the awful smell! Now I know that eating in a restaurant always means there is a smell of food but this was greasy, smokey and felt like I'd been sat in a greasy spoon cafe all night.

There wasn't any atmosphere in the restaurant though we tried to make up for that and the company was fantastic!

A friend wants to go here for her birthday soon but I hope that she changes her mind as I would hate to pay more money to the owners of this establishment for a lower than average eating experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Whitey24
I am all for feedback, be it good or bad, but I am amazed by this review and surprised that it has been published - you say we are "overcharging people with too much money and not enough fine dining experience to know any different" .. how incredibly rude of you to pass judgement on other people? That is not criticism of us, but of the people coming in here.
You then say that there was no atmosphere but you made up for it, yet on your review you put the atmosphere at 3 out of 5 - that doesn't really make sense.
Your last comment is quite galling - you don't want to pay more money to the owners of this establishment? Is this something personal?
I take it that you were a table of 4 so your bill was £50 per person, which is about average depending on how many drinks were had - the prices are displayed on the menu and online .. it is your choice to come in.
I sincerely hope that this review is removed as it is quite offensive.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Don't miss out on fabulous food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Was taken here as a suprise and what a suprise....it was lunchtime so not very busy (which is a shame as this place deserves to be busy) and we got personal attention from the owner which was a bonus. Although all of the staff were good, the service excellent. The food was delicous and I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank msox106
Really glad you enjoyed your lunch - being off the high street means we don't get too many in, but with time and good reviews like yours, who knows?!!
Thanks and see you again,
Malcolm
“Lovely food and friendly service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We booked about 2 hours in advance after arriving at a nearby B & B. They squeezed us in and I'm glad they did. The food was lovingly and expertly prepared, it was nice to be able to see the open kitchen from where we sat, making us extra hungry as we could see the variety of delicious food leaving the kitchen. We were amused to overhear the person next to us expressing his surprise at his bill, as the prices are clearly on the menu and online. This is no cheap pub, and the fact they call themselves a wine-bar betrays that this is a top-class restaurant. If you want fine dining then you get what you pay for and this was worth the price!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Daniel S
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review - glad you enjoyed it .. we have a new menu out soon so come and check us out again!!

All the best,
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great hospitality made to feel very welcome not rushed totally the opposite was told to take our time and pick desserts when ready I'm 27 and this was the best meal I've ever had u got to have the chocolate praline pyramid was fantastic great place will be back

Visited May 2013
Wow - thanks for that! We'll just keep trying to get it right!!
See you again soon,