“Fine Food great House”
Review of Bowlish House

Bowlish House
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newquay Cornwall
“Fine Food great House”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Staying 100 yards from Bowlish House, meant we had to visit this elegant house, it was calling us in so a table was phone booked, on arriving we where met by the owners then shown into a lovely room where we took drinks, then the menu, when we where ready to our table, the food was excellent, we had ample food I was amazed at the value, all i can add is check it out, fantastic the whole experience............

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank les C

Bath, United Kingdom
“Party meal on 26th April”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am somewhat confused about other customers comments on 28th and 29th of April as I was at `the same party on 26th April 2013 and thought the food was delicious, it was served hot and efficiently, especially considering there was more than 32 of us attending the party. There was a good selection of chilled wine and I had no problems being served.. The chef and management were absolutly charming thay could'nt do enough for us and in fact gave the person whos party was in aid of a complementary bottle of champagne. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and in fact have,

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank melwithitchyfeet
Kirkcudbright
“Brilliant Chef”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Delicious food - beautifully presented. A real treat. The Chef is American. Helpful and pleasant hosts.

Bowlish House was recently featured in the series Broadchurch. Lovely old house, we had the room with a 4 poster bed, and beautiful view over garden. Quiet.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sandra C
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Afternoon Tea!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

A group of us visited Bowlish House for Afternoon Tea during the half term break. We had excellent friendly service and the staff made us feel very welcome. We had ample food for six of us and we were amazed at the value. A hidden gem in Shepton Mallet. We look forward to visiting again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank annamorris22
Somerset
“VERY DISAPPOINTING”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to this hotel with a group and my overwhelming thought was that it was a nerve to serve up such awful food. One of the worst meals I have ever had. As experienced by the previous reviewer, the white wine was warm - that was the only drink I managed to get hold of all night as during the meal no-one could find the barman. I imagine they lost a lot of potential profit on the drinks. Service was extremely slow and the room was too brighly lit. Everyone had a piece of mashed potato in a cylindrical shape which some found impossible to cut through. My individual steak and ale pie was absolutely awful and very salty. Goats cheese tarts were no better, with dried curling cheese. My neighbour had a chicken tagine which is an insult to North African food. I lived in Morocco for 20 years and have NEVER seen a tagine like it - a chicken breast covered in gravy with a few bits of chopped red pepper!
How dare any restaurant imagine for one second that customers would enjoy food like that - what an insult! Never again.

• Visited April 2013