“Amazing find!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

One of the best meals I have ever eaten! Wonderful food, good service and a bargain! Will definitely go again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JRo_12769

Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Small Restaurant, excellent for many years”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We celebrated our small family wedding here 12 years' ago and try to return each year, though it is sometimes shut whilst the owners go on holiday. The food is always cooked excellently, with a good choice with a 2-course, 3-course menu and A La Carte which can be mixed up. The wine list is also vey good. Blostin's fame had reached me in the 1980's when I lived inWarminster but I never got there until the 21st Century and it is one of my favourite places to go a deaux, and it is advisable to book as it is very small with a tiny bar area where you cannot help but meet your fellow guests.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GabrielleG70
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food and great staff”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had a superb meal here and I stayed literally a 5 minute walk away in The Old Masonic Lodge B&B. The staff are extremely friendly and the food was cooked to perfection. Thank you for a fab meal and a lovely atmosphere.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Millie A
Bath, United Kingdom
“birthday”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of us went for dinner to celebrate my birthday on 6th March. We had a super meal. We just love the place and can't fault it. The food is consistantly good.
If there is a down side it is the pictures on the wall by local artist Alce Harfield. My husband is a great fan and is always tempted to buy another!!!!
Can thoroughly recommend this small homely restaurant for any occasion.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank fossefield
Somerset
“Tasty food, friendly staff, consistent high standard”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Repeat visit. We keep going back. What higher praise can there be?
We tend to reserve visits to Blostins for special occasions, but I don't know why. The food is always excellent, the ambience brilliant, the staff friendly, and it doesn't cost the earth!

Granted the menu is slightly limited and is chalked on a blackboard, but this is one of the attractions. The money saved by not wasting time, effort and money on clever menus is well spent on producing high-quality dishes. Some might find the menu slightly limited, but it's varied and I always find my self stuck for choice. And they have both a la carte or table d'hote options.

On this visit we both chose different dishes for both starter and main course. The fish cakes were not quite up to the normal high standard, but were still light and enjoyable. The remaining dishes were fine. The meat (lamb) was cooked to perfection, the sauces delicious and the vegetables - well, there are many 'starred' restaurants that could learn a thing or two about quality and presentation from Blostins!

As usual, it was a struggle to get a table. News has spread that you can have a fine meal at a reasonable price here. This is not somewhere you can reliably go on the spur of the moment - always book well in advance. (I always just seem to get lucky, or perhaps I'm more flexible about start times than most!)

• Visited February 2013