“Birthday lunch”
Review of Goodfellows Cafe - CLOSED

Goodfellows Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In association with the Goodfellows, Wells. Operates evenings and weekends only.
nr glastonbury
“Birthday lunch”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Went there for my birthday lunch. We weren't greeted at all when we went in so we found a table and went to the service desk to find out how it worked there. The waitress does come across as a bit unfriendly. My husband had a quiche which he said was delicious. I had a caesar salad which had far too much mayo on it and the chicken tasted strange. May be because it had been cut and left in the fridge overnight or something like that. I wouldn't go back as it is a bit dark in there for me and the food wasn't memorable for me. We're all different and it's just my opinion.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank janebglastonbury

Somerset
“Great breakfast with friends”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had an excellent breakfast here all cooked to order. The staff are very efficient, my only criticism is that the lighting is very poor. They have an excellent range of pastries and an extensive lunch menu. Would highly recommend

• Visited May 2014
Bath, England
“Excellent Sunday dinner”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

After shopping at Haskins today my sister and I decided to have something to eat and drink at the Goodfellows restaurant. I went for the roast chicken dinner with chestnut stuffing at £9.50 and did not regret it. I can honestly say that this was one of the best Sunday roast dinners that I have had at a restaurant anywhere and the gravy was particularly good. I will make definitely make a point of going back on a Sunday to enjoy another roast dinner. The two waitresses could not have been more helpful and courteous. Well done Goodfellows.

• Visited May 2014
Coffs Harbour
“Improved!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went for breakfast yesterday and took a friend. Pricing very reasonable. One of the owners was working there so I think service has improved greatly because of that.
Scrambled eggs were perfect as was the crispy bacon, friend enjoyed her scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Very generous and interesting selection of toasts provided at no extra cost.
Lovely waitress making coffees yesterday but will suggest generally that even if staff don't stop what their doing to at least acknowledge patrons existence. Nothing wrong with the coffee, she knew how to make it. A smile means so much and she had a good one.
Having once owned a restaurant I understand how hard it is to work out staffing needs but was surprised to see elderly patrons finding their own chairs, I suspect they didn't book, which is considerate and necessary for a large group and allows owners to provide extra staffing had they known. Owner was run off her feet.
Agree they make marvellous cakes, best patisserie selection out of France! We had no room for any until we got to Wells so later had cakes at Goodfellows there, delicious choice and lovely waitpeople as always.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank TilliCoffsHarbour
United Kingdom
“Fabulous cakes”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I really like going to Goodfellows for the set lunch special - for £10 you get a choice of drink, main dish and a choice from a beautiful range of patisserie style cakes.

A great place to meet friends for coffee and quality food.

• Visited February 2014