“What a find!”
Review of Coffee Den

Coffee Den
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 01749 838938 Only recently opened - lovely food, delightful atmosphere, great stopping place en rout to Bath, friendly staff.
Dorset
“What a find!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A friend had visited this on the way back from a trip to Bath, I believe, and said what a nice meal he had. With the friend in question a reliable source I decided to give it a go, having been to the Bath and West showground earlier in the day.

The restaurant was fairly busy for the time of day, gone 2pm, so I took that as a good sign!

You are greeted with a counter covered with beautiful looking homemade sweet treats, which distracts you from the main menu at first! The menu was varied from sandwiches and ploughmans, to gourmet burgers and homemade pies.

As we waited, someone had ordered a ploughmans and as it went past it looked absolutely scrumptious, even for something of modest ingredients. This made me ever more hungry, but it wasn't long until ours arrived.

Three of us went, choosing the gourmet burger and homemade steak and ale pies. My burger was beautifully cooked, a good size and of really good quality. You could tell the meat came from the adjoining farm shop - perfectly seasoned and incredibly tastey. I had mine topped with local cheese and bacon, and it was served with chunky hand-cut chips, which themselves were delicious. My friends had the pies, which looked very nice indeed, packed full of meat and served with fresh vegetables - again, presumably from the farm shop itself.

The quantity matched the quality and we could have easily gone without a pudding, but it was 'rude not to' having sampled the offerings so far. Homemade bread and butter pudding, summer berry crumble and a chocolate fudge cake were ordered and all top quality.

I don't go that way often, but if you do, I recommend you stop here. I can't wait to go to Bath next, not for Bath itself, but so I can stop off here!

• Visited November 2012

England
“Best lunch ever!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were staying in Shepton Mallet for 1 night and were looking for somewhere nearby to eat lunch. We had driven past the farm shop and thought we would try the cafe den. The food was superb. I had a tandoori chicken panini with a beautiful salad and the best crisps i have ever had! The other half had a beef ploughmans which was presented in such a lovely way and he said it tasted as good as it looked. Didnt try any of the cakes but they looked just as delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We hope to return soon!

Exeter
“A nice place to stop en route - well done Coffee Den!”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The traffic was bad, we were too late for lunch in Bath where we were headed. Saw the Coffee Den and decided at least we'd be able to have a cup of coffee. Big surprise when we walked in to find a lovely place not only to have our caffeine fix but a great meal too. Friendly staff and nicely decorated - the outside belies what's within. Thank you for making us so welcome that we almost forgot that we were meant to be in Bath. We shall stop here again. Thank you.

• Visited August 2011