“wedding day dream”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shepton Mallet
Bath, United Kingdom
“wedding day dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My daughter chose to have her wedding at charlton house,and we were not disappointed!.The venue,food,accomodation and running of the day was second to none and we have had wonderful feedback from all those who attended, how impressed they were,so really recommend it as a place to hold this special occasion.We will have everlasting memories of a wedding day that was faultless.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Gaye G,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

I was delighted to see that you had a wonderful day and I was so glad that we could help to make your daughters wedding special,

Sakis Dinas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Lovely room, helpful reception staff, relaxing spa and first class spa treatments but the food and restaurant service was a real dissapointment. Meat was overlooked as we're the spartan vegetables and the restaurant staff really didn't seem to care. Please sort this out and you'll be a five star establishment once again.

1 Thank Alison W
Dear Alison W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am delighted that you found the Spa "relaxing" and the staff "friendly"
I am grateful for all feedback and I will pass your comments on to the chef and team,

I do hope that you will visit us again soon,

Regards

Sakis Dinas
Winchester UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Charming Hotel - very quirky.
Had a weekend break and overall enjoyed it. - but some real issues....
Room really comfy but much groaning was heard about no dressing table or mirror even!!!
Spa was lovely. Very atmospheric albeit small, but never crowded and well kept
Food good but service in Restaurant shocking. Staff willing and nice but clearly not enough of them. Waited 35 minutes for our order to be taken, 40 minutes for bread to be offered and was well over an hour before starters appeared - and we were not alone.....
No real apology just lots of empty servitude my management!!
Overworked waiting staff did their best.
Overall a lovely place but restaurant experience just not up to scratch and not worth the money...

1 Thank MickDWinchesterUK
Dear MickDWinchesterUK,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay.I was sorry to see that you did not recieve
the level of service that we aim to achieve.I have passed you feedback onto the team
and we will be looking into the issues stated.
I am very grateful for all feedback,

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Cannot believe I have lived in somerset 20 years and never heard of this fabulous place! Came here with my mum on the "heavenly bliss" package. The room was lovely and cosy, spa amazing, staff absolutely fantastic and the food was the best food I have ever had. I can't recommend this place enough as a restaurant, hotel and spa. We had two treatments each (a massage and facial) and came away feeling so relaxed and pampered. Both dinner and breakfast were out of this world. Can't wait to visit again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear LizzT,

Thank you so much for awarding us 5 stars.
I was delighted to see that you and your Mother had such a lovely time.
I do hope that now that you have found us we will see alot more of you.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very average stay. Nothing stand out, either positive nor negative.
My advice would be to book spa treatments as soon as you make you booking, in fact, i would check that they have some spa appointments available before you make you're booking. I attempted to book treatments 7 weeks before my visit, which i believe to be sufficient, if not a generous amount of time, but was told that there wasn't any appointments available for the whole 3 days we were there, quite unacceptable! i did however contact the manager of the hotel, who immediately resolved my issue by putting me in contact with the spa manager who arranged a couple of treatments for me. The spa is very small, no swimming pool, but a hydrotherapy pool which is disappointing, and very few seats around the pool to relax.
The food is very good, we ate here the entire weekend. I would warn though, that the dinner service is incredibly slow. The first eve, it took 3 hours for a 2 course meal. The second eve, despite booking our table, we waited an hour and 15 minutes to be seated! By the end of our main meal the dining staff were undressing the tables around us getting ready to head home, we felt very rushed through our desert, the silly thing is, it was their fault our meal was running so late!
All in all, i wouldn't return, and I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Luxuryforlife,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad that we managed to get you some Spa treatments as we were exceptionally busy over that period.
I appreciate all feedback and I have passed your comments on to the team.

Poole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Our stay here was lovely, the hotel is charming along with the staff who were all very accommodating. We were in a room with a mezzanine bathroom which was delightful, our room also opened out onto the courtyard spa area. We both had an excellent night's sleep in a supremely comfortable bed.

The spa was very dinky and with only 6 of us using it at the time it felt like a private spa. I had a facial (with Sophie) and it was fabulous.

The restaurant, we feel, needs some attention with regard to atmosphere/lighting and quality of food. Whilst the food was 'OK' it wasn't great and somewhat let the hotel down, which may make us think twice about returning.

The hotel itself has a faded grandeur style which is now edging towards more shabby than chic! To carry off this sort of look in a hotel the decoration and attention to detail need to be slightly sharper, but not too much as it does have a very comfortable feel.

We did have a lovely stay and will watch with interest on TA to see if there is any improvement in the restaurant.

Dear Travelcritic30,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very grateful for
your feedback which I will share with the team,

I sincerely hope that you will come and visit us again soon,

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

It's a wonderful place and our room was fantastic. Crystal was great, but the other staff in the main hotel, including reception were surly and almost rude. The spa was lovely and the staff there were great. Really enjoyed the spa experience. Breakfast was lovely, but the evening meal very disappointing, and everything ( starters, main course and puddings) were all sweet tasting and the food was Luke warm at best. Such a shame, a beautiful building, lovely rooms, but spoilt by the average food and with the exception of a few, unhelpful staff.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denise2104
Dear Denise2014,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your Spa expeience, I am sorry that dinner did not meet with your expectations,
Customer feedback is very important to us and I will pass your comments on to my team,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepton Mallet
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel
Apsley House Hotel
Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel

Been to Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House? Share your experiences!