“Quite a pleasant Christmas meal”
Review of The Natterjack

The Natterjack
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Quite a pleasant Christmas meal”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We ate here as part of a party of twelve and the pub was very busy. The service was very good and the food reasonable. My partner and I both had the prawn and crab croquetas, which were OK, but a bit mushy. For our main course we both had the pheasant breast filled with prunes and clementines. Prunes would have been enough, the combination didn't quite work. The vegetables were excellent, not over-cooked and fresh. We finished with the double chocolate mousse for my partner, which she found a bit sickly and would have preferred my panna cotta with pomegranate jelly. I enjoyed this too. Coffee was a bit weak for my taste. All this was £23.60, without service. So you can't fault the price. Nearly four stars, but as far as I'm concerned they will have to work a bit harder on the food.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Natterjack Inn”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We saw this pub advertised in the Eating Out guide and went there for lunch on our way home from Glastonbury. The food was excellent, and the Creme Brulee to die for!! There was a lovely warm and welcoming atmosphere and we will certainly go out of our way to eat there again. The landlord was very friendly and helpful and showed us one of the rooms as we may stay there one day. We look forward to returning and thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Excellent all round!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at The Natterjack Inn last weekend on business and I have to say it was terrific. From the moment I arrived the management and staff were really friendly and helpful. The accommodation is comfortable, full of character and spotlessly clean. The local ales are superb and the food is very good, as evidenced by the restaurant being fully booked! Breakfast was equally good. All in all, it's a pleasant surprise to find a little gem like this where service and standards are so high; there is real attention to detail and care in every aspect so I would wholeheartedly recommend The Natterjack.

• Visited November 2012
“A good pub is a busy pub”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I always steer clear of places where nobody else is eating and this pub is certainly the opposite! It was full the evening we went so there was a delay with the food coming out of the kitchen, but that didn't matter as we were in good company. Empty plates and not such empty wallets at the end of the evening. Will be back, thanks!

• Visited October 2012
Somerset
“Not too bad”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Enjoyed it here, look for the specials board to try something a little different. Pricewise is very good, atmosphere is very pleasant.

Visited October 2012