Halfway House Inn
$90
Mercure
Heath Brook Lodge(Kingswinford)
$35
All reviewsthe pubhalfway housegreat weekendsteakreal alean ideal locationthe cottagesexcellent foodthe bank holiday weekendfamily runhis songet togetherbeer gardenevening mealfirst classgreat atmospherethe severn valley railway
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Bed excruciatingly uncomfortable - hard. The central heating and toilet fan noisy and the fan wouldn't turn off. Not very clean. It seems that the emphasis was on cramming the beds in to the expense of guests comfort. TV like a postage stamp, shower a dribble and no heating in the toilet. The breakfast was very nice and the beer was good too. The little pub was charming with traditional features and a bit of history which is always nice. Though discussing when we are leaving over food was not very tactful. Make sure you get the price in writing as little extras were added on despite saying otherwise at booking, as on holiday it's not the time to have an argument.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cassiedog_12
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were on a hen weekend here. Having all travelled from far & wide we arrived to the cramped accommodation, which despite having no lounge between the two adjacent cottages was ok. The issues were the unwelcoming host & I'm sorry to say the food. There was 8 of us & have to say the food left most of the party a tad unwell & in particular the breakfast which we declined on the 2nd morning. The host appeared particularly grumpy about this (we had informed before our arrival we were providing our own brekkie) & initially agreed to taxi us into town & back. He then changed his mind & told us good luck finding a taxi. He must have been amused as when attempted to organise a cab back from town it was hard work & ending up pleading with a cabbie to fetch us to save us walking in the snow on unlit roads! When it came to payment he was even grumpier demanding we pay via cash or debit card or he would charge us extra, stating that whoever had organised had collected money & was responsible so shy should he pay a fee! Out of devilment I would of got all 8 of us to pay on credit card! We told him he had not disclosed any fees for credit card payments & it was nothing to do with him who had collected what & we were not paying the fee! To say he had got the hump & was rude is a slight understatement. Pub had a very un- welcoming feel which is a shame.
The rooms were basic and on closer inspection we had to wash pots etc before we could use them. aside from the bugs under the beds & cobwebs it was clean & no lounge! Anyway experience not to be repeated!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DellyYork
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have recently just finished working at Ironbridge power station and during my time working there I have been staying at the Halfway House Inn. I can honestly say that it has been one of the nicest places I have stayed, and I work away a lot staying in many different hotels and B&Bs. Peter the landlord and his staff were welcoming and friendly from the off and continued to be throughout my stay, I was given a lovely room in the main Inn, which was very clean, well decorated, had a good sized very comfortable bed, en-suite bathroom with a good shower, basically all the creature comforts you want when working away from home. The food was absolutely fantastic, with a varied menu, good sized portions (which beat me on a few of occasions but not many). The pub itself is a good old fashioned English pub with good beer a warm friendly atmosphere, an open fire which is lovely to walk into on a cold winters night and Peter is always up for a chat especially if you like your sports. I stayed there in total for 4 months which shows how much I enjoyed it. I cant recommend it enough if your working in that area or even if its just for a holiday, 5 stars. excellent....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank peter t
Reviewed December 31, 2012

a fantastic friendly site with good facilities which are heated and always hot water... be warned tough I found that this is a very popular site so book early and be prepared for a popular place during peak times (although I was drawn into the festivities of the neighbours) but always well managed by Peter.... a very well managed site despite the attempts of spoil by the British mother nature.... FANTASTIC FOOD AS WELL, always left enough for another person.
Will also assist and arrange activities to requirement

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in the campsite for two nights. Paul and Tim were excellent hosts and made us very welcome. The campsite facilities were heated, with plenty of hot water and spotlessly clean, even though the field was a bit squelchy in places. The food was good quality, tasty and well presented. We had breakfast as well as evening meals and were very impressed.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple