“Alright if you've got all night!!”
Review of Otello Restaurant

Otello Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 300 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Alright if you've got all night!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Visited Otello on a busy Friday night. We had booked for a table of 4 and so didn't need to wait to be seated. The food was excellent value for money with exceptionally generous servings of pasta many of which are under a tenner. The service however was poor. It was a very warm night and we had to wait 15 - 20 minutes before we managed to get a waiter just to order drinks. We also had to call the waiter for ordering which was a shame as it let down an otherwise lovely evening. Would recommend for a leisurely meal, be prepared to have to track down the waiters if you want to be served in a hurry.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CLAIRELH_40

London, United Kingdom
“Service was slow...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went on a warm Saturday night as a party of 6 and we had booked. On arrival we were told our table was not ready and were sat at a table outside with a drinks menu and told the waiter would be over to take a drinks order. After 20 minutes and no waiter we were then shown our table and told a waiter would be over to take our drinks order. A further 20 minutes and we called one over to take our order of drinks and food. I had the calamari to start which was good and a good sized portion and a pasta dish for main which was average but enjoyable. We didn't order desserts and wasn't sure how long we would have to wait for them. We all felt the food was average. We had a nice evening and the atmosphere is good but don't expect the waiter to come to you. We continued to call him over all night and ordered one round of drinks twice as they were originally forgotten.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sunlover1010
Hove, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a great Italian restaurant with a friendly welcome every time. the food is consistently good, great flavours and at a price that wants you to go back time and time again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Paul H
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A lovely lunch time meal with a friend good service and great food . I shall look forward in going back again .

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 1432186273
London, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I didn't think it was possible to get barred from a restaurant whilst having a great evening with family. Otello add a service charge to their bill but their staff don't get it, hence I ask them to remove it & will always pay the waiter that served us, cash. I was told ' it's not how they work & their staff get paid very well' but still I explained that it's my choice as to how I pay the service, if at all & choose to have it taken off. I was then told that unless I was prepared to pay it as part of the bill then not to bother coming back. Disappointing as the food & service are very good. I'm fed up with these restaurants that feel they can charge 'service' as part of the bill but not give it to their staff. V greedy.

• Visited June 2013