“Awful Service”
Review of Woodies Longboard Diner - CLOSED

Woodies Longboard Diner
Cuisines: American, British, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Step back in time into Woodies Diner, the authentic American beach-side style diner with all the retro touches to take you back to the days of Grease, Elvis and Buddy Holly! You'll feel like you're in a film set surrounded by 50's and 60's American memorabilia - from the jukebox to the "walk don't walk" sign, retro surfboards and classic diner décor. There's even palm trees out front to give that full beach side diner feel! Think Beach Boys meets Happy Days and you're at Woodies. Our waiters and waitresses will serve you all those diner favourites - thick shakes, soda floats, burgers, ribs, steaks and sundaes. Pop in at the weekend for breakfast and fill up on a pancake stack or breakfast burrito. Thinking of visiting Woodies' Diner? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor- there's a link at the top of this page!
“Awful Service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Waited 50 minutes for food with two young kids, people who came in after us had nearly finished their meals and still nothing for us. Decided to leave as kids were desperately hungry and upset, manager chases us into the street demanding we pay for our drinks even though we told the other staff we were leaving. I told her I thought she was coming to apologise and tell us our food is coming, no she says you need to pay for your drinks. One of the rudest things I ever heard. Also another small tip is don't tell the customers that they can't sit in certain places because Woodies had to pay "huge compensation" to some parents after their kids fell down the steps in the restaurant. From then on pretty much intentionally ignored by the staff. It was the worst customer experience I have had in a restaurant ever. I have been to a LOT of restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Andrew T

Brighton
“Always Amazing”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Me and my boyfriend go here quite a bit and we've never been let down. The food, service and atmosphere is always amazing. If you're looking for something romantic then this probably isn't the best place to go but the food is to die for. I can honestly say I've never had a better burger!

• Visited October 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The best burgers I've ever tasted.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Everything about woodies is amazing. The food is awesome, the service is very good and the atmosphere is always nice and they stock authentic american Jones Soda which tastes amazing.

• Visited November 2013
“Breakfast”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Breakfast at Woodies is a nice enough experience. However, the menu is a bit limited and the prices higher than average, but there is a nice atmosphere. The venue is popular with families and therefore there are often small children there. However they do not open until 9:30 on a Saturday so it's more of a brunch venue than for breakfast.

• Visited December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I only live down the road and have been meaning to come here for years. Finally decided to give it a whirl and I must say it was worth the wait. After arriving to find the place rammed and a 15/20 minute wait I immediately expected the worst (im impatient and usually refuse to queue for anything). After our waiter seated us we soon ordered and the food arrived within a good amount of time considering it was so busy. The burgers are brilliant. I know its hard to mess up a burger but they really are great. The variety is excellent and you really do get an 'American diner-esque feeling when you are eating. I even made room for banana and maple syrup pancakes which were exceptional. My partner had a chocolate milkshake which i believe got thumbs up. Above all, the service was impeccable. The waiters were all attentive and quick to serve regardless of how rushed off their feet they were. The place isnt luxurious fine dining by any means but for what it is, I would highly recommend a visit.

• Visited December 2013