“Cadillac Burger & Rootbeer!”
Review of Woodies Longboard Diner - CLOSED

Woodies Longboard Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Step back in time into Woodies Diner, the authentic American beach-side style diner with all the retro touches to take you back to the days of Grease, Elvis and Buddy Holly! You'll feel like you're in a film set surrounded by 50's and 60's American memorabilia - from the jukebox to the "walk don't walk" sign, retro surfboards and classic diner décor. There's even palm trees out front to give that full beach side diner feel! Think Beach Boys meets Happy Days and you're at Woodies. Our waiters and waitresses will serve you all those diner favourites - thick shakes, soda floats, burgers, ribs, steaks and sundaes. Pop in at the weekend for breakfast and fill up on a pancake stack or breakfast burrito. Thinking of visiting Woodies' Diner? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor- there's a link at the top of this page!
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times and the food is always well presented, arrives hot, fresh and portion sizes plentiful. Visited recently, service was initially quick although I suspect as the restaurant became busier, the two waiters left to deal with a virtually full dining room became more flustered. This did not detract from the overall experience. The garlic bread was the size of a doorstop, thick crusty white loaf oozing with garlicky moist butter, extremely good value for money for the portion size. I had the Cadillac chicken burger, a large chicken breast with a scrummy sate sauce, and a fantastic chilled bottle of Rootbeer imported from Canada. We were too full for dessert, but on the whole still thoroughly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is rare to get such a good vegetarian range in this style of food. The food was very good and plentiful. It was suprisingly cheap for two people to have a three course meal out. I would recommend leaving room for dessert! Quorn chilli fries are very good and all with a slight sea view.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Extremely disappointed by Woodie's Diner on Bank Holiday Monday. My wife and I regularly visit Woodie's for breakfast; it involves a fairly long drive for us, but we do it because we enjoy the food. However, we were slightly delayed yesterday and arrived at 11.50am, but having seen on their website that they serve breakfast until 12pm, we didn't panic.
They refused to serve us breakfast saying that last orders were 11.45am!! The manager point blank refused when we asked. I suggested they maybe add last order time to their website as it does not state that online, and in previous experiences, they get the food out quickly anyway, so I know they could have taken our order. Obviously they are doing so well financially that they can afford to turn loyal customers away.
Well, we went to Smokeys in town, and had a lovely breakfast.
I'm afraid that after years of loyalty to Woodie's, they've burnt their bridges with us. Don't expect loyalty from them in return for your custom!!!

2  Thank SteKat2005
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

So I live round the corner and have been here a few times and is normally ok- food not amazing but it does the job. Have had a few really annoying experiances though- tonight we arrived ten minutes before the kitchen shut and were denied food as "chef says its too late", I once went with my girlfriend and wanted to take a burger burger home to my ill mother- the waiter had to sneak it out the kitchen and the sneak out a box to put it in ten minutes later as "chef refuses to do take away", another time I asked for a small change to my meal and chef simply said no. I wonder if he is prancing around the kitchen in a little tiara throwing tantrums any time anyone asks him something he doesn't want to do. The manager always seems really embarrased but surely he is in charge..!..?!!??!!?

2  Thank good_companions_bn
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have visited Woody's several times, I am not local to the areas but visit throughout the year and Woody's remains a family favourite for dinner on these occasions. The menu offers lots of choice and for the first time I opted not to go for a burger but a duck wrap, it was lovely! The option for frings- a combination of fries and onion rings is always appreciated and preferred. We stayed for dessert which was also very good- the brownie a personal favourite! The staff although appearing all very young were attentive, polite and smiley. It's disappointing to read some of the more negative reviews and sad as our time here has always been enjoyable, we hope they continue to be on future visits!

1  Thank Redenglanda