“Brilliant”
Review of Woodies Longboard Diner - CLOSED

Woodies Longboard Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Step back in time into Woodies Diner, the authentic American beach-side style diner with all the retro touches to take you back to the days of Grease, Elvis and Buddy Holly! You'll feel like you're in a film set surrounded by 50's and 60's American memorabilia - from the jukebox to the "walk don't walk" sign, retro surfboards and classic diner décor. There's even palm trees out front to give that full beach side diner feel! Think Beach Boys meets Happy Days and you're at Woodies. Our waiters and waitresses will serve you all those diner favourites - thick shakes, soda floats, burgers, ribs, steaks and sundaes. Pop in at the weekend for breakfast and fill up on a pancake stack or breakfast burrito. Thinking of visiting Woodies' Diner? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor- there's a link at the top of this page!
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Just eaten there, it was amazing, the staff was lovely and very attentif to cater our little one and ourself need.. When asking what cheese was the one the menu the waiter went off, which I thought was weird but then he came back and give me a taste of it, which I truly appreciate as its no better way to explain.. The food was absolutely from far the best burger ever taste an so much choice, the option between fries and onion ring is good but having the third one "frings"(bit of both) was just brilliant.. In all it was a good experience and we are looking forward to go back soon!!

1  Thank Tiffany L

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ventured to the diner as I desperately wanted pancakes! We rocked up at 12 an were told that breakfast was finishing and they were changing the kitchen over to lunch and we couldn't order pancakes or anything for that matter for 15 mins. 30 mins later the rude, insolent waitress still refused to acknowledge us and after 35 mins we finally managed to order a drink.... We waited another 15 mins for the drink, we were the told we still couldn't orde food for 15 mins. In the end we left. Never in my life have I received such terrible service or been told that we couldn't order food!! Staff had the charisma of wet towels and I left feeling annoyed and insulted... Place has so much potential but the management an staff lets it down!! Don't put yourself through it!!'

2  Thank Jen M
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Having enjoyed a great summers day in Brighton I took my family to Woodies on the way home.
The welcome was warm, the staff attentive.
The menu is extensive for a small venue. I have five children and everyone found something to suit.
I had a steak which was nothing short of delicious. Cooked to perfection.
My children's plates were cleaned, something that I don't often achieve at home!
The ice creams were huge, and they did beat the best of us I'm afraid.
Our waitress was delightful and Alex the manager cool considering there were people queuing out of the door waiting for tables.
He didn't rush us which has happened to me on many occasions in other restaurants, in fact he offered us complimentary coffees.
The children loved the black jacks and fruit salad treats that arrived with the bill.
A Fabulous end to a wonderful day. Thank you, we will return.
The Thomson family

1  Thank ThomsonFamily100
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A group of us went here to eat on my hen weekend. We had a fifties theme and thought the restaurant would fit in perfectly. We were really dissapointed that the staff weren't dressed in fifties gear, so not really authentic 50's dining experience. The waitress got some of our order wrong and 3 of the party had to wait for thier food to be brought out. The food was lovely though, lots of it too. Probably would only go back to try out the pancakes as we were far too full to fit in a dessert.

1  Thank JoSoton
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I love this place me and my family came in on a Friday night for my daughters 16th birthday and it was my first and surely not last the food was superb with real American size portions! The staff were all extremely helpful and always asking if I needed anything but to cap it all off the milk shakes are out of this world!