“Promised so much more than it delivered”
Review of Woodies Longboard Diner - CLOSED

Woodies Longboard Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Step back in time into Woodies Diner, the authentic American beach-side style diner with all the retro touches to take you back to the days of Grease, Elvis and Buddy Holly! You'll feel like you're in a film set surrounded by 50's and 60's American memorabilia - from the jukebox to the "walk don't walk" sign, retro surfboards and classic diner décor. There's even palm trees out front to give that full beach side diner feel! Think Beach Boys meets Happy Days and you're at Woodies. Our waiters and waitresses will serve you all those diner favourites - thick shakes, soda floats, burgers, ribs, steaks and sundaes. Pop in at the weekend for breakfast and fill up on a pancake stack or breakfast burrito. Thinking of visiting Woodies' Diner? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor- there's a link at the top of this page!
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Promised so much more than it delivered”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very disappointed after visiting Woodies. i had been meaning to eat here for years, after hearing such great reviews for the place. Maybe those rave reviews are now out of date, for my experience of Woodies didnt live up to them. I wouldnt mind paying a bit more for burgers etc if they taste as good and look as good as the menu lead me to believe. Average portion of dry fries and small dried out burger with a desultory amount of cheese arrived on my plate, i actually wondered if i had ordered a kids meal by mistake. Overpriced and very disappointing. However, the staff were nice and friendly, though a bit rushed of their feet.

Hove, United Kingdom
“Amazing Burgers!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

instantly seated, milkshakes were thick and tasty, food tasted amazing! The staff were really attentive and friendly. The burger I ordered was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing!! I will most certainly be visiting again to try one of the many other burger variations there are! Overall we had a really enjoyable evening, I would recommend it!

“Overpriced; nothing special”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Don't bother with this place. The burgers sound much better on the menu than they taste in your mouth. The sides (chips, rings etc) are just plain and bog standard.

My biggest problem was the milkshakes: they tasted great but the portion size is terrible. Perhaps it would have been acceptable at half the price, but it was barely 50% of a GBK shake.

As others mentioned, the staff aren't very welcoming. I felt a bit rushed, too, despite the place being half empty.

The place isn't terrible, just a huge disappointment.

1 Thank Calcuttr
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awful service and attitude”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

After a heavy night out my friend and I ventured 15 minutes walk to visit Woodies after discovering they did breakfast pancakes- the perfect cure for our banging hangover. Unfortunately we arrived the rude and obnoxious staff avoided our eye contact, didn't acknowledge us and left us waiting by the door for well over 10 minutes. When someone did finally come over we were told they stopped selling breakfast at 11.45. Not only was this not mentioned on their website, but I suspect the staff deliberately ignored us for 10 minutes so they didn't have to serve us breakfast. Not only that; we were then told (in a rude and patronising manner) that they weren't serving lunch for another 45 minutes. So basically, could not serve any food whatsoever. Pretty sure you won't find any American diner in the USA refuse to serve food at any time of day. Nor have the grumpiest staff known to mankind. Will not be returning and if I do, will not be leaving a tip.

1 Thank Anna D
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“I love this place!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

What can I say awesome burgers, great atmosphere, possibly the best place in the brighton area for breakfast.

• Visited July 2012