“Absolutely terrible!”
Review of Woodies Longboard Diner - CLOSED

Woodies Longboard Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Step back in time into Woodies Diner, the authentic American beach-side style diner with all the retro touches to take you back to the days of Grease, Elvis and Buddy Holly! You'll feel like you're in a film set surrounded by 50's and 60's American memorabilia - from the jukebox to the "walk don't walk" sign, retro surfboards and classic diner décor. There's even palm trees out front to give that full beach side diner feel! Think Beach Boys meets Happy Days and you're at Woodies. Our waiters and waitresses will serve you all those diner favourites - thick shakes, soda floats, burgers, ribs, steaks and sundaes. Pop in at the weekend for breakfast and fill up on a pancake stack or breakfast burrito. Thinking of visiting Woodies' Diner? Check out our reviews on Trip Advisor- there's a link at the top of this page!
Brighton, UK
“Absolutely terrible!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Absolutely terrible! I have eaten in better greasy spoons on Blackstock road! Took an hour and 20 mins to get a dried out chicken breast burger. Then i asked for the service charge of £2.47 to be taken from the bill and they treated me like a criminal. AVIOD at all costs total rip offf!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank donal_sharkey

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Bad food at worse prices!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I recently went to 'Woodie's Diner' in Brighton. I had heard lots of good reviews from my friends so thought I would give it a try...
They must have gone to a different place. The burger I had was dry and overcooked, it was in a bun that was miles too big for the burger and just fell apart. The chips were terrible, like something you would get with your McDonalds meal, and I clearly got the small overcooked ones from the bottom of the fryer!
In contrast, my partner had a chicken burger which did look nice, however the chips were just as bad.
So for two burgers, one of which was almost inedible and two small cokes.....£25!! This was by the time they had added on a service charge.
Overall, far too expensive and over rated. One to avoid!

• Visited November 2011
“If I could afford to, I would eat there regularly.”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Superb service from the 30-something European waiter, the best chocolate shake my Missus had ever had, superb chilli burger, tasty bbq'd chicken wrap and very nice waffles. This was 1pm and they were just under half full. Kids meals excellent value, burger meals a bit pricey at 8 quid or more. The only thing missing was hot dogs. In an American diner!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not sure what restaurant the other reviewers ate at?”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This has been my third visit to Woodies diner and had a great meal. Having read some of the reviews here I am not really sure if some of the people have actually eaten at this restaurant or are just incredibly picky. If you go to woodies you really need to go for the hamburgers, thats what they are most famous for, or at least they are with my friends, had the "Juggernaut" a massive 1.5lbs burger, probably one of the best burgers I've had, although it was a real struggle to eat.
They also have a variety of imported sodas from the US which are pretty good too. In regards to service, when we arrived we were asked to wait for a couple of minutes even though the restaurant had plenty of tables, however they were cleaning the table top on the table they seated us at. No big deal there.
Staff were friendly enough and attentive and the price was reasonable, I will certainly go back.

• Visited November 2011
“Never had a bad meal”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We live nearby so this is our 'go-to' if we can't be bothered to cook. We've probably been here 50+ time and, apart from a chewy steak one time, we've never had a bad meal. We went last night, my wife had steak and salad and I had the Ranch Dinner (Steak, Fries, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Peas and Onion Rings) everything was cooked perfectly, was piping hot and served with a smile. The only thing we have found in the past is that they sometimes struggle with big groups (12 or more people). Oh yeah, the deserts are to die for, I think I've tried everything on the menu!!! :o))