“Lovely night out”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends for evening weekend meal everything was really nice food selection was very high end and cooked to perfection

2 Thank jason k

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails and a1 service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Lovely meal, fantastic staff . This was recommended to us by our b&b hosts and we can certainly pass on the recommendation for a night out.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank linkster74
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Really excellent food!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A great choice of innovative dishes on the menu. The food is perfectly cooked, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tyto2820
London
“Fresh, inventive, delicious food, family friendly, in relaxed pub surroundings”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Restaurant converted from a pub, atmosphere effortlessly retains the relaxed pub mood, but the Ginger Pig is all about the food. We liked it so much we went a second night this Bank Holiday weekend. Chilled asparagus soup with a touch of wild garlic, a hint of almond, excellent. My black bream (from the specials board) had a a tempura'd anchovy on top, and sat on a mix of samphire - how often do you see samphire on a menu? (it's ruddy easy to overcook, that's why it's rare) - and a couple of other flavours that complimented the bream brilliantly. The kids ordered from the children's menu, battered fish and dripping chips (fresh white fish the first night, salmon the second) and macaroni cheese. They're 11 years old (twins) so they are probably more suited to adult menu portions, but the adult menu is perhaps a bit to flash for them, so we ordered double kids meals. A little extravagant perhaps, but it was worth it.

Second night my wife had a gorgeous ham terrine to start, with rhubarb thin-sliced curling around it. For the main courses I had sirloin, local farm, just delicious, my wife had a dreamy creamy parmesan souffle. Assiette of desserts for two did not disappoint either.

Large glasses of a sauvignon and house rose for me. Both excellent.

When busy, service can get a little unsteady, but always friendly and pleasant. It's a relaxing meal at a home from home but with fresh, consistently good food.

First night was £77 for four - I've spent that plenty of times in a pizzeria or in a fish and chip restaurant. Second night, £100 - an extra glass of wine, dessert and coffees. Personally, I think the prices represent good value for such good food.

Menu deliberately limited but sufficient, check web site for serving times, because I think the kitchen closes 9pm.

1 Thank GusinLondon
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Lunch with Mum”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to the Ginger Pig Hove after it was recommended to me by friends in the area. The venue was not to busy despite the fact we were offered sitting times of 12;30 or 2;30 we arrived bang on 12;30 to be the only guests. The staff were friendly and very pleasant tow of my family ordered the starter from the specials board, it was very tasty but very small my crab starter was lovely and very pretty on the plate. The mains were OK but not brilliant the lamb dish need a steak knife to cut into what was a very flavorsome piece of meat, My steak was over cooked. The high light was the puddings which were enjoyed by all.
I think getting picky, portion control was the issue if you look at value for money it just need a little tweak.
Would I go back yes if in the area

1 Thank mimosaSussex