“My new favourite Brighton restaurant”
Review of Makara

Makara
Ranked #4 of 301 Restaurants in Hove
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Makara restaurant opened in October 2013 by Faruk Barut in Hove, south coast of England. In mid June we were entitled to Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence. Mission Our aim has always been to provide the perfect atmosphere and offer fresh and high quality food for our customers. Our 15 years of experience in restaurants helped us to create and shape Makara where we serve the most favourite Mediterranean and Turkish cuisines. Ingredients Every ingredients, meat and vegetables supplied fresh from the best suppliers. This the key for us to give the best flavours to our dishes and serve you exactly the same taste every day. Location Hove is the town of people from all around the world therefore our menu is always improving and changing to reflect all our customer's demands. Bookings We do not require any booking, but do recommend on Fridays and Saturdays as we have a limited number of tables.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“My new favourite Brighton restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I used to live in Haringey in North London until last year when I came here with my wife for a quieter life (we have both recently retired). As much as I love Brighton I miss the good quality Turkish food we used to eat all the time back in north London. Yet to my (pleasant) surprise I have found something of the same calibre. I went to Makara last week with my wife and we were both extremely impressed with the quality of the food and the generous and friendly nature of the staff working there. We ordered a Beyti Sarma and a Yogurtlu Adana which were both phenomenal. We were given complimentary salad and Turkish tea, and were even given dessert free of charge. We will definitely be going there again soon!

• Turkish first
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect service, perfect food.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a dinner on NYE at this restaurant. Everything was perfect. The staff is so friendly too. One of the best restaurant we have been so far. We are definitely going back. Thank you.

• Visited December 2013
“The best this side of Istanbul!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My son, Dan's birthday dinner. What a treat. Wonderfully tasty food and attentive service. Tool me right back to Istanbul 1968.

Sussex
“Pretty good”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The food we received was pretty good, although they left a dish off what we had ordered. Staff not particularly attentive. That said, we've only been once, and will certainly try it again in the new year.

Stockholm
“Best restaurant in Brighton!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have been to the restaurant Makara several times now and I think it is the best restaurant in Brighton. I have tasted several of their dishes, both "mezes" and warm dishes. They are amazing! And the staff are sooo friendly and warm! It is a very warm place with a very cosy atmosphere where I took both my friends and family. I really recommend this restaurant for everyone who lives in or visit Brighton!