“Nothing to write home about...”
Review of The Garden Cafe

The Garden Cafe
Ranked #3 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Hove
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast on a Saturday morning with my partner after reading reviews on trip adviser. I think this is certainly a great cafe for dog walkers and parents and footballers etc, but not for a couple looking for a pleasant breakfast. The place is too busy and has too many kids running around - but that is great to see and I hope it is around when I'm a parent with a dog!

The food was fine if you pick out the extra carbon that was the toast. Service was ok but for reference, keep a hand on your plate, if you don't they will literally snatch it from the table even if you aren't finished - fork in hand and sausage in mouth it's a bit of a shock.

To be honest the place needs a refurbish, they need a better cook and to at least let you finish your plate before they clear on top of the fact that its like eating in a crèche I would avoid it like the plague if you want a good, serene breakfast that's worth the money.

Visited May 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“60th birthday party”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We and our friends and family all had a brilliant time - the cafe looked lovely, transformed from it's daytime layout and looking very welcoming with fairy lights and flowers on the tables The food was great and very nicely presented and the staff helpful, friendly and efficient. What a perfect party venue - no worries about disturbing anyone when dancing into the early hours! Many thanks to Natalie and her team for making it a night to remember!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hjtoope
Hove, England, United Kingdom
“40th Birthday Bash”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I held my 40th party at the Garden Cafe in St. Ann's Well Garden in Hove and it was the perfect venue. The service was was excellent from the planning to the throwing us out at in the early hours of Sunday morning. Nothing was to much trouble. We had plenty of space, played the music loud and danced till it hurt. I truly recommend this little spot for a party any time.

Visited April 2013
Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th birthday party”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Natalie and the team did a fantastic job with my birthday party. Very nice food and very reasonably priced. The staff could not do enough to make the evening go well. They were well organised and were happy to order draught beer for the eveining. I would recommend this as a party venue to any of my friends.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SRA1963
London, United Kingdom
“Best-kept secret in Brighton!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A local friend led us here for Sunday-breakfast ~ and I can honestly say it was the nicest part of our whole trip to Brighton! It's a hustling, bustling, super-friendly place right in the middle of a very pretty park - a real hidden gem.
We came at 11.00am on a weekend - the place was buzzing - dog-walkers, kiddies, couples with newspapers, families - and there was something for everyone. I was in a large-ish group, and our breakfasts were brilliant - all arriving at the same time, and every detail thought about. The food was absolutely delicious - decent portions, great quality, and the coffee was the best I've drunk this side of Italy!
'Garden Café' really is one of those hidden gems which you sometimes read about, but don't think exist. I can't recommend it enough - we came as rain-soaked visitors, and left feeling like locals. Excellent place.

• Visited February 2013