“Well, what a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Sini Restaurant

Sini Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 298 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
hove, england
“Well, what a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having walked past this place pretty much every week ever since they started building it, we finally took the plunge and went in. At lunchtime there is a 2 course lunch deal for £7.95. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much and boy, was I wrong! I had courgette fritters, which were delicious, followed by chicken shnitzel, served with mashed potato and salad. My husband had chicken roll, which was like a croquette, followed by a lamb kebab. All were so beautifully presented and portions were very generous. Everything tasted so good and I'm looking forward to trying out some other dishes.
I normally walk past this place during the day and it is never busy, which is a worry. I really hope this place survives but I can see how an empty restaurant is uninviting - it certainly took me long enough to give it a go. But the food is SO good I want to shout it from the rooftops. Hove residents, support our local businesses! This one is definitely worth keeping.

5 Thank makeminealargeone

“Surprisingly good food”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We live just around the corner from this place and so pooped in one lunch time to check it out. AND so glad we did! The food is delicious and so well presented. We had the lunch special which is two courses for £7.95. I had chicken rolls to start which are kind of like a potatoe crockettes with a sweet chilli sauce. They were really good and then had chicken koffte which was also full of flavour and very well presented.
There was only my wife and I and another table if two in so the atmosphere was lacking a little but as soon as more people try this place I'm sure it will start filling up.
Please give it a try I think you'll like it.

1 Thank Rudski
London
“Great Tripadvisor find”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Picked our daughters up in the area and didn't want to have to fight for parking in Brighton so looked on here for places to eat in Hove. All looked good so booked a table, was fairly quiet when we got there at 7.30pm but as the evening wore on was fairly steady but not busy by any means which is a shame considering how good the food is. Can't fault it, service efficient, food great with a large choice including things like pasta for fussier eaters, as good if not better than food we have eaten in Turkey. The highlights were the scallop starter and Chicken in garlic, cream sauce. Will definitely go back when we are in the area again.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Familybreaks
“Great local restaurant...”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Sini is a fantastic find....delicious food & well presented with friendly service. We had 3 starters to share between us then lamb shank and seafood casserole. Both were really tender, full of flavour. Give it a go!!!!! Won't regret it.

“Tremendous Turkish tucker!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We visited sini after reading the recommendations in trip advisor. We wanted somewhere local to our hotel and this was just around the corner. It was a Tuesday night so the restaurant was fairly quiet but not empty. We chose the hummus and tzatziki dips to start, which came with pitta and a basket of bread. Having had tapas the night before we chose two main dishes rather than the meze selection which looked great. Both our choices tasted fantastic (most notably the sini special) and we could have easily eaten most other things on the menu. The service was friendly and efficient and we would definitely recommend eating here!