“Hove haven”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hove B&B and Inns
London
“Hove haven”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Have previously stayed in a number of hotels in Brighton and it was refreshing change on this occasion to be in Hove - quieter yet still close to the sea (and mercifully further from the seaside attractions of Brighton). The Claremont is a lovely property, well appointed and well managed. All staff are friendly and helpful and the service is personal without being over attentive.
Breakfast choice of hot food was good and wholewheat toast sensational and addictive. Would have liked to have seen cut fruit offered as well as whole on the buffet. Neighbouring shops and restaurants are plentiful and include the quirky and individual.

Really pleased to have found the Claremont and will be returning.

Room Tip: Large room no 4 at front really spacious with gorgeous bathroom - light but cool and plenty of sea...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ali F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed 4 days with my partner and two 3 and 5 year old children. I must stress staff are very helpful and friendly, out of 50+ different hotels I have stayed in England, this Guest House is one of the best I have came across so far due to following reasons.
On arrival staff were very helpful carrying our items to the room.
Flexible approach of management and staff, when we requested anything extra, we were politely honoured.
Family room and the en suite was cleaned properly and dusted if you particular about cleanliness then this is the perfect place for you... as cleanliness is our top priority.
Dan is an excellent hotel manager and he gave us the best family room available although he was not expecting our 2 children, this was my mistake.
We would love to stay there regularly but feel it's stretching our budget a little, having said that you get what you paid with this guest house, we feel it was worth it.
Breakfast is lovely and they have vegetarian option to full English which I enjoyed very much.
Various hot drinks like teas, coffees and drinking water available in the room to prepare it yourself any-time plus sweets and biscuits for the children to enjoy. Nice big TV with the free-view channels.
Garden is lovely and homely but we've spent most of our time on the beach which is only 5 mins walk away.
Restaurants are plentiful in the area and quality is superb we love the Moroccan round the corner really good the Turkish grill house. The highly recommended Italian Ot. rest. was not as good as we expected but the locals seems to enjoy it.
We are looking forward to our next stay in the area and would definitely and highly recommend Claremont Guest House.

Room Tip: Family suites are very roomy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Being a local lad by birth that now lives in Yorkshire I always look for a bargain when I'm booking for a weekend family visit. The Claremont was my chosen hotel on price this time but it had a lovely relaxed feel about the place and the staff seemed very attentive & efficient. I didn't have the breakfast as I tend to eat in/out with family......My only niggle, and this is more about me, is that the shower in room 9 was a little under pressured....However I would consider this hotel again as I really liked it and I find Hove a lot quieter than Brighton too. Church Road has everything you need as well.

1 Thank seagullman
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The room was booked for me by my daughter and Dan and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. I stayed in a comfortable room on the second floor (there is no lift, but help with luggage is no problem). It felt very relaxed and quiet at night although not dull. Decor and art on the walls are tasteful and the gardens are beautifully kept.
Newspapers available to order to your door, and there are helpful maps and guides.
There are lots of lovely shops and cafe's nearby on Church Road and the Laines and the Pavillion Dome attractions of Brighton are a short distance away by bus along Western Road, it is also easy to get to and from the train station.
The Promenade and Hove lawns are five minutes away across Kingsway at the bottom of Second Avenue.
Would definitely stay again now I know it's here, such a good location.

arwin28
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is a gem of a find. Located just a few minutes from the sea and restaurants and buses into centre of brighton at top of road. The staff couldn't have been more considerate or friendly, and went out of their way to help. The building itself is beautiful as were the peaceful gardens, where I had breakfast every morning..my bedroom was lovely, small but perfectly formed, and had everything I needed..from variety of coffee and teas, biscuits, bottles of water to slippers, robe, fan, hair dryer and lovely toiletries..I'd like to thank Dan and rest of the staff for being so welcoming and helpful. Highly recommend.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed 3 days, fantastic weather, fantastic hotel. We stay here about once a year and it somehow seems to get better every time. This year the garden looks especially good. The breakfasts were also very good and service unbeatable.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a very large, quiet room at the front of the hotel. It is more expensive than most but wor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend recently. Location is very good. Just around the corner from a variety of restaurants and 5 min walk from the beach. We stayed in one of the larger rooms. Although this is a very nice guesthouse, it is very expensive for what it is. Can be around £200 per night for one of the larger rooms. My only criticisms are: there is no power shower. Water pressure is not great which I found a bit annoying considering the 5 star status and the price. Breakfast quality is good but portions are pretty small. The staff serving the breakfast could do with some hygene training. It can also get very noisy at night as the house has the original windows which are single-glazed and if you are on one of the lower floors, you get the noise from the other guests returning home etc. That said, it is one of the better places to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hove
Best Western Princes Marine Hotel
Blanch House
Blanch House
#1 of 44 in Brighton
Brighton Harbour Hotel and Spa

Been to The Claremont? Share your experiences!