“My New Local.....,”

The Westbourne Pub
Ranked #42 of 295 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a totally independant Ale and Eating House in Hove. We pride ourselves on serving great home cooked food, local ales and cider. Our roasts are well respected and do not forget our 2-4-1 Burgers all day and evening every Wednesday. We offer a full menu every day of the week. The beautiful old Victorian building has been given a facelift with comfortable seating for both food and drinks. We are a neighbourhood pub and look forward to seeing you soon.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“My New Local.....,”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Apart from being the second closest pub to home it's actually a very decent pub.

Good atmosphere, slightly unusual beers & ciders and above par menu make these a frequent haunt of mine....

Staff are young, friendly, attentive & efficient and deliver a good to great drinking/dining experience.

Various weekday promotions like two for one burger night on Wednesdays & wine & done Thursday means a could dining with two mains get a free bottle if house wine.

There is reasonable competition nearby, all with fairly similar offerings but I think it's the overall ambience that keeps me coming back.......

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chris H

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Polite,caring and enjoyable”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Non fussy , great food polite service, checked on us through our lunch. Always enjoyable and great local boozer. Food excellent, stay local support your local pubs. I am a big fan as are kids who love this place

• Visited August 2013
staffordshire moorlands
“Okay.. Nice sitting out area,,”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

everything just OK.. beer , wine. didn't eat there so cant comment = went with 4 other adults.. and found everything just average..

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bwendy
Lewes, United Kingdom
“good family lunch”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Myself, my wife and 2 children, aged 8 and 9, had lunch there today. Very friendly staff and a enjoyable experience was had, I had fish and chips with peas which was delicious the fish tasted very fresh, my eldest daughter had the same but a smaller portion, which they do for all kids meals. My wife and other daughter had roasts which were just as good. The only downside was hand dryer in girls loo not working, and gents toilet could do with decorating. Will definately be back again.

• Visited September 2013
Hove, England, United Kingdom
“Always wonderful”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've been eating/drinking at this pub irregularly for a number of years. I have tried out practically all the pubs along Portland Road/Poet's Corner for food/drinks/atmosphere and I truly believe this is the best. Last Sunday I took 7 old friends here (who come from outside the area). We're all in our late 20s/early 30s. They all loved it. The food was great and really competitive in terms of price for the area. We sat outside under shaded umbrellas. Our order was taken at the table (including drinks). The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - even when we complained that the coke was tasteless! They quickly and graciously changed the order without any fuss and with an appropriate apology. The food was great with very good portion sizes. Overall, I really recommend it. (It's very usual to be able to phone up on the day and book a table in my experience - even better!).

• Visited August 2013