All reviews sea view car park free parking sea front good size magic tricks first served basis night porter room was large cooked breakfast full english top floor brighton centre one night stay family room parking space lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

That's all I could say when I walked in the room but that wasn't even that start of our disappointment. We paid the extra money to have what we thought would be the best room in the hotel, seaview with a terrace. We got to the top floor, stepped out of the elevator and got a huge waft of cigarette smoke. It's all we could smell all night throughout the entire top floor and throughout our room. We then stepped into our room to see this joke. At first we laughed, but as the night when on, it just got irritating. The space between the bed and the wall, which you have to walk through to get to the terrace is smaller than the size of a standard carry-on luggage bag. (See photo) I can't believe this passes safety codes. We were very disappointed and did not get what was expected or what you see in pictures. The view from the room was nice, but its not worth the nasty smell or ridiculous room set up. The parking in the back lot is small, tight, and limited.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jon006, Owner at Best Western Princes Marine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear april88us

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit.

I see you booked one of our Terrace bedrooms- I'm sorry it was not to your satisfaction regarding size- that particular room does have a large corner terrace- we do have larger terrace rooms too- please feel free to phone us direct so we can allocate one of our larger rooms.

As for smoke smell in the corridor this isn't allowed-our night security would of dealt with this for you if he was informed?

Our car park is free and we run on a first come first served basis- I believe we are the only hotel that doesn't charge for car parking- saving customers up to £30 odd per night on car parks.

I do hope you will try us again and please do speak to me directly so I can redeem our Terrace rooms to you for size- we have lots of guests who have quoted the Terrace rooms are to a 5 star level at 3 star prices.

Regards
Jonathan Ailion
Director

Reviewed September 13, 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Our land view room was very spacious and cosy with a good sized television - all very good for the price. Bathroom was perfectly clean and modern. The staff were helpful, speedy and welcoming. We did not eat at the hotel as the breakfast was unreasonably priced for us students. The walk to Brighton pier was about 40 mins which was not what was advertised to us on the website.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018

This 54 room Boutique hotel is across the road from a lovely beach - right on the English Channel. It's quiet and very pleasant and it has a small FREE PARKING lot right behind the building. It's recently undergone a complete update and renovation so the rooms are nicely done and clean and new. There is a restaurant and a bar on the street floor and from our experience they are well managed, reasonably priced and the food is nicely done and service very good.

Our room for our 6 night stay was referred to as a "Family Room". It was large. We had a king bed and two single beds. We were located on the front of the hotel with direct views of the sea. The bathroom was large, well equipped and appeared to be brand new with a large tub/shower, heated towel rack and lovely amenities. The hotel is only 5 stories high and the elevator is large and newly redone. THIS HOTEL IS NOT AIR CONDITIONED. However, we were there in early September and we found it quite comfortable. On one night, we kept the windows open, but there was a lot of street noise and we found we really didn't need the ventilation. Overall, we'd rate this a four star hotel and it's quite well priced as well. Enjoy your stay. The owner and his son were working in the hotel most of the time. They were quick to respond to nearly any request.

1  Thank 217roberte
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was myself & my wife's first trip away with our 4 month old baby, and I was a little nervous about staying in a hotel with her. The hotel & staff couldn't be any more accomodating to us though, firstly we arrived late and there were no car parking spaces available. Whilst we were looking for one, the receptionist came out and very kindly moved his car out of the way so that we could park, which was a very pleasant and unexpected surprise. The room was large & had an excellent view of the sea, and the travel cot provided by the hotel was excellent also. We were made to feel very welcome essentially, and I couldn't recommend the hotel more.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a Best Western last week in Manchester and payed £15 for a dry burger and frozen chips. Just had a plate of food worthy of an award here for under £13, plaice and beetroot, bloody delicious. Room is very nice and staff are very friendly. Car park is a bit small but there is a public car park near by

Trip type: Traveled on business