The Claremont(Hove)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Free cancellation until 07/27
$67
$106
$77
Priceline
$65
Bow Street Runner(Hove)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
$83
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea viewcar parkfree parkingsea frontmagic tricksgood sizefirst served basisnarrow entrancetight squeezenight porterspacious roomcooked breakfastfull englishlovely hoteltop floorone night stayparking space
Reviewed April 1, 2008

My wife Rosemarie is unfortunately a stroke victim with very special needs and requirements. She cannot walk or talk. I started on the internet but had to conclude on the phone to ensure we could be catered for. The whole experience from this point was splendid. The man I talked to couldn't do enough for us and we had a huge family room with a sea view that really was more than adequate for space. Admitedly the place does look dated in some areas but as we visited some work was being discretely, and quietly done, to improve the hotel. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Bar staff and dining staff were lovely and the food for the money is excellent - the cooked breakfast is one of the heartiest I have had in a long time. Evening food was very plentiful and well presented.
My wife loved it and we will definitely visit again. Would recommend to anyone. Good value for money and with a smile is getting harder to find nowadays!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We stayed at the Princes Marine Hotel for a weekend break so that we wouldn't have to get the last train home from Brighton after a few beers, for a change. Unfortunately I hadn't realised quite how far from the centre of the city it is. It is a good 35-40 minute walk (and I'm quite fit) along the sea front, although there is a good bus service from the main road through Hove into Brighton. This area also has lots of good restaurants which are less crowded than those in Brighton centre.

The hotel is OK if you can live with the distance into town. It is also quite unusual in Brighton to be able to book for just the Saturday night. The room was large with a good bathroom and flat screen TV. The bed, however, was too soft and I almost got seasick just turning over! Also, our room was next to the lift shaft so there was some noise throughout the night. There is no air con so it might be hot in the summer and noisy if you leave the window open

The breakfast was fine and the camp Maitre D was a scream (literally!).

I had mananged to get a good deal for the night (£49 including breakfast) so everything was fine for the price paid, but I might have been a bit less gracious about the shortcomings of the hotel if I had paid their advertised full price rate.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2007

We stayed for one night at this sea front hotel at Hove. Dodgy start as we waited over 5 mins for reception staff to appear but then things got better. Our room was huge, sea view was stunning, plenty of tea/coffee/milk(although milk was off) and flat screen tele. with freeview. The weather was awful so our shopping trip was abandoned and we eat lunch in the hotel instead. The bar menu is fairly basic but the food certainly isn't. the portions are huge, very tasty and well presented. Breakfast the next morning was just as good, even had kippers on menu as alternative to full english which hubby had and said were very good. Couldn't really fault this hotel, all the staff were friendly and eager to please. Very small car park so if hotel is busy you may not get parked. Bus stop right outside hotel with buses running to Brighton every 10 mins. Will definitely book here again when visiting friends in Hove.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2007

This hotel is located just into Hove on the seafront. The reception is a little uninspiring but the welcome was friendly.

The corridors between the rooms are very well kept and have striking blue patterned carpets however the room I was given was a letdown.

The carpet was green and floral, very 1970s and had been joined together in a number of places. The bedding was the early 1990s brown patterned style with furniture being dark pine and very worn out.

Main doors and wardrobes in deep mahogany and the bathroom suffered from slow drainage.

I have to warn travellers that the car park is very small and crowded so squeezing your car in there is very difficult.

The main redeeming factor here was the breakfast and service. Both continental and full English are served with a basic but decent menu. I didn't feel rushed and the view from the dining room is straight over the sea.

It's difficult to sum up my feelings on this hotel. It is clearly very dated and worn out with poor parking but still tries to appeal.

Shop around for a good deal on rooms here, I found a twin room for 49GBP on one of the web links off this page.

Would I stay here again - maybe but would check out the rest of the similar ones first.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We travelled on business & booked through LateRooms (so we got a good rate). The decor was dated and the hotel wasn't much to look at from the outside - but the room was spacious, clean & had all that was required for an overnight stay. We had a room overlooking the beach which was a nice suprise.
We ate in the hotel (as we arrived after a long day of work). The waiter was excellent, friendly and very attentive & the food very nice! Breakfast was much the same. Location wise, just a nice stroll along the promenade gets you to Brighton (I would recommend the italian ice cream parlour just down the road for a treat)!
All in all - I would stay again if in the area on business :-)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple