“Excellent family run Italian Restaurant”
Review of Buon appetito

Buon appetito
Ranked #44 of 310 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nice cona premiere with a beautiful italian colours.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent food and friendly staff, what more could you want! We are fairly regular customers at the Buon appetito in Burgess Hill and try to get to the Hove branch when we can. Always assured of a hearty welcome along with excellent service and authentic Italian food, expertly cooked and presented. The Buon appetito wine list is also excellent, the house wine is always good value and if you want to try something different, all the wines are competitively priced. The large number of loyal and regular customers, who have been coming for years to these restaurants, is proof they are doing something right!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited on New Years Eve - to be welcomed with a big hug. We chose from the vast menu plus the specials board - the staff were very attentive Our starters arrived and were nicely presented and tasted superb. We were then asked how long we would like before our main course, which gave us time to chat and relax. The main course arrived, this was again really tasty, well cooked and presented. We had no room for dessert so can;t comment on them.

A really good evening and well worth the journey from Burgess Hill.

Well done and thanks, we will be back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited with 3 friends last week, with a Living Social voucher for two courses and a glass of wine.

The wine with the deal was really nice - a montepulciano. The food was superb - lots of choice; generous portions; tasted great.

Service was attentive and quick. The owner is a character who makes you feel welcome. Would definitely visit again, and I recommend it.

The only thing that stopped me giving it 5 stars was that a service charge was included, applied to the whole bill (ie. the usual cost of the meal and extras, before the voucher value had been deducated). I didn't notice until I'd already paid. I find service charges presumptious - I want the option to decide whether I leave a tip.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a Member of Sussex County Cricket Club, I come down from Edinburgh with my wife for LVC championship matches fairly regularly when we always dine at Buon Appetito and thoroughly enjoy the excellent cuisine and banter with the genial proprietor and his friendly staff, particular interest is introduction to Italian fine wines which we had not previously known about. Excellent menu ranging from pizza and pasta to rack of lamb, fish, but sadly, no veal. Always enjoyable if slightly marred if unruly kids are present.

We are coming down next Wednesday for 3 nights, so look out boys - keep up the standard or I will give you a panning in my next review!!

David Hollingdale
Edinburgh

2  Thank David H
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My partner & I ate here for the 1st time on Saturday (31st Aug). The food and service was excellent. I realised when I looked this restaurant up today, that I have also eaten in the Burgess Hill one too.
I had Avocado & prawns to start and the spaghetti with mushroom/prawns as a main. My partner had garlic & cheese bread to start and tortellini with prawns as a main. EVERYTHING was exceptional. We had wine with the meal and again this was lovely.
It was so good, we are going back tonight (Thursday 5th Sept) and I will probably take my daughter here for her birthday on 21st. The staff are wonderful too. Very helpful and efficient.
All in all a fabulous Italian restaurant.