“Perfect view for a romantic date”
Review of The View

The View
Ranked #181 of 301 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a variety of atmospheres to suit all guests. You can dine in our restaurant area where you dedicated waiters will offer you friendly table service or sit in our indoor or outdoor casual seating area where we offer our full menu from the fully equipped bar area. In the summer months you can take a seat on the beach or our terrace area over looking the sea while experiencing unbeatable 180 degree views of the coastline.
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
“Perfect view for a romantic date”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great place if u want to escape the hassle with your loved one. Delicious food, the steak was great, and good choice in the menu topped off with friendly and welcoming staff.

• Visited April 2013

Hove, United Kingdom
“Breakfast was disappointing!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My partner and I went in for the first time today to try the breakfast menu around 10am and to check if the function rooms were available for a party in June. We went at the sat at the table looking out to sea, but the tables didn't have any menus on them, so after 5 mins we went to the bar to find out what was going on. We asked for the menu as it wasn't offered, then were told it would take 15mins for the food to arrive as it took this long to heat up the oil! Anyway the poached eggs were overlooked and hard boiled, the hollandaise sauce was split and bitter. Everything was barely warm too. The place also seemed very run down and the area by the function rooms at the back looked terrible. The website for this place is fantastic but the reality did not live up to expectations.

• Visited April 2013
“Best burger I've ever had! Very friendly, accommodating staff.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went to "the view" with my girlfriends for a relaxing, lazy brunch on a cold, sunny Saturday morning. We were welcomed by really friendly staff who gave us an excellently placed table and were happy to help get the baby a high chair, they were so easy-going and smiley. We felt completely un-rushed by the waiter even though he came to take our order 3 times and we still weren't ready ( too busy gassing)!

Our food arrived in good time. I had the avocado and bacon burger cooked exactly to my liking and I have to say it was the tastiest burger I've had and I'm not comparing that to the rubbish certain high street fast food places churn out because I refuse to eat those.

I went again on a whim because my husband and I fancied a roast dinner. We telephoned ahead to ask if we could bring our 5 month puppy with us and again they were so accommodating. We sat at the ground level but the wooden tables and chairs, leather offer a rustic, cosy atmosphere so I didn't feel at all "cast out" from the restaurant just because I had a dog with me. The place was really busy but again, really friendly service from the staff there.

I'm really impressed with this restaurant so I'm going back again this Wednesday to celebrate my mother in law's birthday!!!

Good company, great venue and amaaaaazing views. This place gets my thumbs up!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Moon1706
eastbourne, east sussex
“Ticked all my Boxes !”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to the View using a living social deal voucher. What can I say, apart from the place being empty, the staff that were there were attentive and so friendly. I had duck pate for a starter which was presented beautifully on a wooden board with warm ciabatta breads and salad with lovely decorated sides of small pieces of red peppers, balsamic vinegar etc. The main course I opted for steak which was cooked to perfection as were the vegetables and the chips were to die for. Following that, I couldn't resist white chocolate profiteroles, delish. Thanks to The View, I will be definitely returning again

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank melissawhite
Leicester
“Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a quiet wednesday evening and was greeted warmly and with a smile.The food was very good though next time I want to try the Persian menu. The prices were reasonable and the service fantastic! We will definately return!

• Visited March 2013