“Great location but there is always a long queue and short staffed”
Review of The View

The View
Ranked #202 of 315 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a variety of atmospheres to suit all guests. You can dine in our restaurant area where you dedicated waiters will offer you friendly table service or sit in our indoor or outdoor casual seating area where we offer our full menu from the fully equipped bar area. In the summer months you can take a seat on the beach or our terrace area over looking the sea while experiencing unbeatable 180 degree views of the coastline.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We come here for the location, right on the beach. If its a nice day we can sit outside with the dogs people watching and enjoying the sea view. The food is ok and the pizza is pretty good. They are ALWAYS short staffed so be ready for a long queue if you want to order anything from the bar. They could do so much with this place outside especially but like so many they seem to think the location is enough.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Wow! What can I say?! The food is DELICIOUS! Huge portion and well presented with reasonable price. I highly recommend this restaurant to friends and everyone who is looking for good food.

2  Thank Asalasal
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have tried many restaurants in Brighton and the View is one of the best around . Fantastic food and service + good location wins my vote .

2  Thank Soroush-Ah
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked a table for twenty last Sunday to celebrate my birthday. A busy day and a peak time for such a large number of covers, but Matt the G.M took the booking in his stride and delivered without a hitch. The food was served promptly, piping hot, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. The waiting staff were efficient, attentive, courteous and always smiling and approachable. Having invited some, lets say, discerning guests, I knew the View had delivered when they were so complimentary about their entire dining experience and are going to return. We chose from the Christmas menu, which priced at £16.95 is extremely good value. Thankyou to Matt and the team, not forgetting the kitchen brigade for producing excellent meals.

1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have noticed very mixed reviews below but my wife and I went to The View today for lunch using a Groupon voucher and could find nothing to complain about at all.
We have been before but we have never tried The View at peak times such as Saturday night or Sunday lunchtime so this may have a bearing. Today, service was friendly and efficient (a lovely young lady from Slovakia) and we had whitebait and leek & potato soup for starters - both excellent. For mains the risotto marinara was very good and I had the steak and chips - really nice!
The Pinot Grigio was served nicely chilled and with a good ice bucket straightaway.
The bill was £46 before the Groupon discount of £22.
Plenty of on-street parking nearby (perhaps not in the high season) and there is a small carpark right in front of the building - only about 10 spaces so probably full at peak times but today only 3 cars were there.
In short, I liked it and would certainly go again - my wife was not so keen on the decor but apart from that we rate The View quite highly.

1  Thank tonyinbrighton