“why not?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marrocco's

Marrocco's
Ranked #7 of 292 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We'll never be a large restaurant, It's simply too small, our kitchen has always been in the heart of the dining area making our complete operation totally transparent. If you haven't visited us, you'll find that what we offer is real italian food, the food you would expect when you're on holiday in the old country and there's always something for everyone, regardless of their tastes.We still work within traditional methods and believe strongly in having the kitchen as the heart of our restaurant. Marroccos' offers a traditional family atmosphere with food that we are proud to plan, create and serve. But we have high standards. We believe in value for money without sacrificing quality or freshness and operate a strict quality control system including ordering our food daily to ensure freshness and minimise waste. Of course we don't get it right 100% of the time, but we have policies and procedures in place to deal with any matter that you're not happy with. All we ask is that you tell us so we can correct any matter that you're not happy with if it arises. I'm very proud of all my team that have helped create and mould Marroccos' into what it is today and we look forward to the years to come. Pietro Marrocco and the team at Marroccos
Brighton, United Kingdom
“why not?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Have eaten great food here many times and although not cheap Brighton Italian is a cut above all the rest. Went today and had delicious spahetti marinara. Only problem was when asked for some parmesan cheese. Waiter clearly Italian looked at me as if I had insulted his mother! Was told clearly no not on that dish. I think this shows a passion for real traditional Italian food because I looked on line to understand what I had done wrong and found this is an Italian no no. However Morroccos if you read your review s I am English and love a bit of cheese on my seafood so can you please let me have it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hazel g
Marroccos, Public Relations Manager at Marrocco's, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hi Hazel

Thank you very much for your review. Whilst the team at Marroccos are very protective over their food, (although not in the sense of a Rottweiler protecting its dinner), they just want to ensure that you experience the flavour.

In the past a few customers have requested cheese on their Marinara, then realised that it's spoilt the flavour resulting in us having to re cook the dish for them.

Personally I love it, but there again, I'm english and even worse I love Chili oil on my Risotto Marinara. I've had a word with the team and you'll be able to have it next time without a problem and they promise not to look like you've insulted their mother.

I'm glad that you understand the passion and enjoy our food and we look forward to seeing you again at Marroccos

Regards

Nev

Hove
“Wonderful Italian fish, fresh pizza and pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Ate at this restaurant for the first time four weeks ago and have gone back with friends and family twice since . Each time the food has been really good. The fish is fresh and simply cooked. Pizzas are freshly made and baked.Pasta, some of which is also home made have creamy, as well as tomato sauces. And the lobster, crab and scallop sauces are wonderful. A good Italian wine list, ice creams, over the top creamy desserts and good expressos, all accompanied with friendly and efficient service.

As another reviewer said this is e sort of restaurant you really want to find when you're on holiday. No frills, delicious food and great value. And now we have one right on our doorstep.

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Seafood Extravagansa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

A friend had recommended this restaurant for fresh seafood, delicious pasta, and ice cream. With company, from Australia, in tow we drove 2 hours from our home in Winchester to try it. Boy were we glad we did. We split the grilled seafood platter, lobster pasta special of the day and a delicious mixed salad between the 3 of us. The fish was fresh off the boat and grilled to perfection. The variety was great with tuna, swordfish, scallops, prawns, sea bream, sea bass, and langoustine. The pasta was homemade and cooked perfectly al dente with a 1/2 lobster on top and fresh garlic and cherry tomatoes. The salad was also plentiful and delicious. We indulged in cappuccinos after the meal that were rich with frothed cream and drizzled with chocolate, delicious. We took our gelato to go as we enjoyed a walk on the boardwalk. The perfect sunny afternoon with friends and family. We will be back!

Surrey
“The best marinara pasta I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I always wanted to stop at this restaurant, because it is on the way to Brighton..just on the begining of the Promenade..This time i was with a friend we had a meal and the wine..and then the pudding. Just excellent. The pasta was full of seafood and it did taste very very good..The homemade sweets were realy enjoyable. If you lucky enough to be there when is a nice weather..try to get the table outside..we had a excellent meal alfresco. I will be back.
Martin

Middle England
“Ice cream to die for - you bet ya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went to the restuarant on a busy friday night with friends who live in Brighton. I requested that we eat there again because we'd had such a great experience before. My friends had fish and salad, my wife had calzone (which was huge) and I had a fresh daily squid pasta dish. My only negative comment was there wasn't enough of it. More pasta would've been nice.
That however cant be said for the Ice Cream gondola, which was absolutely huge and thoroughly enjoyed my oneself.
Not only would I go again, I tell everyone else about it too. If you like seafood or fresh Italian food Marrocco's is an absolute must.

• Visited July 2013