“Up there with Brightons number 1 place to eat”
Review of Graze - CLOSED

Graze
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A short distance from the impressive Brunswick Square, in the heart of Hove's famous Regency district, the award-winning Graze Restaurant is a food venue of considerable reputation which appeals equally to locals and visitors to Brighton.The lavish Brighton Pavilion inspired interior makes for a sophisticated fine dining experience in which to enjoy the culinary magic of gifted Head Chef Will Stanyer. To experience his seven course tasting menus, for which Graze is renowned, alongside the inspired wine flights or to eat from the Modern British three course set menu is to share in a passion for flavours and an indulgence in the aesthetic pleasure of dining.Graze is ideally situated just a short walk into Hove and just a pebbles throw away from the sea and central Brighton. So named as diners 'graze' the tasting menus, Graze Restaurant is now in its 5th year, holds 2 AA rosettes and is rated as one of the top restaurants in East Sussex by the Which? 'Good Food Guide 2011'.
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Up there with Brightons number 1 place to eat”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Outstanding wee restaurant. Went for the amazingly priced £18 for 3 courses. Lovely friendly attentive waitress. Stunning gastro food. Cheeky amazing freebies. Wish I'd gone years ago instead of saying to the wife "too pricey!" ....its so not! Thanks guys, a really nice lunch!!! (My only grumble...it was a wee bit chilly in the restaurant, and my wife had 'white finger' syndrome!)

Hove, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants in Hove (and Brighton!)”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Why is it the best? Well, the food is very, very good, the service excellent, the decor and mood classy but not pompous, the tableware good quality (although the cutlery knives drive me mad because they are difficult to hold. . . OK, I may be a tad picky here), and best of all the people who run it are obviously passionate about what they do and even after being open for a few years are still enthused with offering something well above the norm.

I particularly like that you have a glimpse into the kitchens at the back of the restaurant so you can see the chefs beavering away - I think it gives a real connection the there are real people working away and creating mini art forms for you.

I would eat there a lot more if I had the disposable income, but I don't begrudge paying them a penny when I do.

• Visited December 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Back again!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The same thing occurs to me every time we return to Graze.
"Why don't we come here more often?"
It's a bit further than some of the other restaurants we go to, but not far enough that we shouldn't go more frequently.
My wife and I wanted to go somewhere special before we went off on our honeymoon, so we thought we'd return for a meal at Graze.
Kate (the manager) was lovely as always, and opened the restaurant in the face of horrible weather conditions and despite most of the covers booked for the night cancelling.
We're certainly pleased we made the effort to get out despite the snow and cold, the meal was fabulous as always.
I had a rabbit terrine to start which was really tasty, and my wife had scallops which she certainly seemed to enjoy thoroughly.
Then we decided to split our main course and have half each, so we both had some of the venison stew, which was amazingly rich and succulent, along with turbot baked in bacon somehow! Very tasty indeed.
We then shared a special dessert created for the evening which was rhubarb jelly with vanilla ice cream, which tasted really strongly of rhubarb, served with a dessert wine.
Finally we finished with a cortado (Spanish coffee) and a Spanish brandy.
We had a great evening and put us into a wonderful mood for our upcoming honeymoon, and Kate was her normal effusive and friendly self.
Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Hove
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited just after Christmas, ordered mushrooms as a starter but they did'nt have any. The food we had was very nice, we therefore went back last night with more friends. We were told they only had 4 portions of scallops left to start so 2 of our party couldn't have them. Main course was enjoyed by everyone. We were then told that 2 of the dessert choices had run out, therefore 3 of us didn't have desserts as they didn't hve nything left that we wanted. We spoke to the head waitress who instead of apologising just seemed to want to argue that they can't anticipate how many portions are going to be eaten, we were under the opinion they know how many people are booked in so therefore should ensure they have enough food. Would have loved to have gone back but won't as they don't have the food you want and the attitude wasn't very good.

2 Thank Jo M
Cambridgeshire
“Excellent New Years Eve”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to have the tasting menu and accompanying wines for our NYE celebrations and we weren't disappointed. Every course was beautifully prepared and presented and tasted delicious. The wines matched the food very well and there was enough of each one to really enjoy the flavour of the wine on its own and with the food.
We've dined at Graze several times and have never been disappointed, so I'm surprised to read such negative reviews. It isn't a cheap night out, but Kate and her team work very hard to ensure that it's a good night. Can't wait to go back.