I would so like to give this accommodation a good review, but it lets itself down, I think, by it's delusions of grandeur following William and Kate's visit.
My husband and I stayed for our wedding anniversary in February. We were upgraded, to the room that W&K had for their anniversary, and, obviously, we were grateful for the upgrade. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower hot. I'm not sure I can really get my head around a roll top bath, sitting on a carpet, 3 feet from the side of the bed - maybe it's an age thing!!
The lounge areas of the pub were quaint, with open fires and comfortable seating areas. The big let down was the evening meal. This was very ordinary, and expensive for a pub meal. I really had to do a double take on checking out, when I discovered that my, albeit large, glasses (2) of Pinot Grigio had cost £18.20!!
Since we've been there, I've spoken to friends who remember when the Westleton Crown was a "special" place to eat and stay, but who have had the same experience as we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westleton Crown is a traditional Coaching Inn with origins extending back as far as the 12th Century. It retains the character and rustic charm of its heritage whilst offering guests the sophistication and comforts of contemporary living. With its quietly cracking log fires and real ales through to the 34 newly refurbished, stylish, comfortable bedrooms and imaginative menus we are sure that you will enjoy every part of your experience at The Westleton Crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Westleton Crown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold
- Westleton Crown Southwold
- Westleton Crown Hotel Southwold