The Airman Hotel
$52
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Letchworth Garden City Hotel(Letchworth)(Great Value!)
$68
The Crown Hotel(Biggleswade)
$54
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 2, 2014

shocking, shocking , shocking, still waiting for manager to give me my money back.
checked out early due to state of room, and how dirty it was. Arrived late checked out first thing next morning.

you don't need much when working away, but a clean room is not much to ask for.
food ok as long as your not hungry

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank inspire12
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Words can't express how disgusting the hotel rooms were. Dangerous electrical fittings, if inspected by H&S and Fire Officers would mean instant shut down. Dirty bed linen, when pulled back, human hair and biscuit crumbs and spilled food on under sheets, kettle and crockery not fit for use cups not washed . Bathroom: Excessive mould which is a health issue, broken shower holder which meant holding shower head between knees to soap down then swill off. More chips in bath than I got on plate with my meal (6). Carpets and furniture in need of good clean. External guttering broke and the heavy rain that night meant that the excess rain falling on lead window cill sounded like Niagara falls.
Meal in bar at night was the highlight of my stay, well presented but not outfaced with the size.
Breakfast in restaurant next morning acceptable but room and tables need cleaning, and decorating. Efferesence on walls that bad it was on skirting boards and carpets.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Alan D
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I bought a dear friend her to celebrate her birthday and we had an amazing time. We were warmly greeted on arrival and treated ourselves to a cheeky drink in the bar. The bar was reasonably priced and a lovely atmosphere which is a welcome change these days. We decided to dine in the Restaurant for dinner and were greeted at once and shown to a lovely table right by the window. The food was sensational; I would recommend this to anyone! Our waitress was absolutely fantastic! She made us feel so welcome and made my friends birthday really special. We will defiantly return, and bring our friends. We visited 15/02/14.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Coops333
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at The Hotel last weekend and I must say we were really impressed. The location of the hotel is really convenient and upon check in the lady told us about a new Head Chef that has recently joined the team so we decided to give the restaurant a try. I'm so glad we did as I can honestly say this was one of the nicest meals I've had in a long time. Upon talking to one of the members of staff they advised us that the hotel would be having new menu's over the next few weeks so we will definitely be coming again, even if it's just to eat! The bedroom itself was really reasonably priced so we didn't expect a lot, but the rooms were really light and spacious and with tea and coffee facilities and all bathroom toiletries this was an added bonus which you don't see a lot these days! Really impressive stay and I will be more than happy to recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieBay
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a family party locally (not in the hotel) and so were a large group, having at least 12 rooms booked. We were booked in quickly on arrival and some confusion over the bookings was soon sorted. We spent a couple of hours in the bar and had lunch, it was all lovely. The rooms are very basic and dated, they need some investment and improvement and a couple of our party were not happy with the standard of cleanliness of the rooms, especially the bath!
They had the smallest TV's I've ever seen in a hotel but the rooms had a kettle.
Breakfast was where they really let themselves down. We had booked Bed and breakfast weeks ago and it would have been obvious that we would turn up expecting a full choice. We expected delays due to the numbers, but breakfast continually came out wrong and they ran out of mushrooms and the black pudding must have been cut with a potato peeler it was that thin.
The one plus point was the staff, or should I say one member of staff, a young lad who was the front of house, manned reception, the bar and served meals, never stopping and showing excellent customer service, it's just a shame the back room staff didn't reach the same standard. Would I stay here again? The choice in the area is very limited which is probably why there is a lack of investment on the hotel, which is a shame because it could be a goldmine.
Message to the owner, put your hand in your pocket and give the place a facelift.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family