Two weeks in Teos - and I am now struggling to readjust to a life behind a desk when I would rather be out sailing, playing tennis or simply catching some rest beside the pool in the sunshine.
This was our first Neilson experience, and we are now converts! Whilst the hotel may have been a little tired around the edges and the food so-so (although always lots of salad and fresh fruit - it was just a little unimaginative some days), this was more than made up for by the enthusiasm and professionalism of the Neilson team. A really top bunch. Restaurant waiters, bar and cleaning staff always had a smile on their faces, and the Neilson activities bunch were just great!! Their enthusiasm was infectious - and waving goodbye to them at the end of the two weeks was like waving goodbye to old friends (and I am so not the gushy type, nor do I typically like "package" experiences).
As a family, we were new to both tennis and sailing. I have come home thinking I might actually take up playing tennis more regularly, and the kids have decided that sailing will be their new hobby. A measurement of success, I think.
We couldn't fault the safety standards either. The safety boat was always nearby, and quick to arrive at a capsize to check on /lend a hand to the soggy sailor (for which I was very grateful on my third capsize of the morning).
Our 8 & 9 year old - never having sailed before- took part in the weekly regatta and came back to shore beaming!! They had gone out in an SB3 with an instructor at the helm, and managed to come home first of the keel boats. (And I was never anxious that my precious babies might be in danger - not with a very capable instructor at the helm -thank you Sam!)
Our huge thanks to the tennis boys - Ed & Pete (your enthusiasm was infectious!)
The Hot Shots instructors - Ruth, Becky & Sam - thank you, thank you, thank you - our girls are still talking about it!
The Waterski team - loved the dismount program / funky chickens etc - thanks for giving the kids such a good first water-skiing experience!
And the Beachies - too many to name individually - what a hard working bunch - thank you to all of you! Long live the "Sponsoring a Beachie" programme!
Could not fault the customer service - thank you Neilson - we'll be back!
And to anyone visiting Teos in the near future- on the non-inclusive nights- try out the restaurants at the new Marina in town. 10TLR taxi ride in - and loads of good restaurants to choose from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eco friendly Teos Village provides the best service at an exceptional location. Western Anatolian village style design of its facilities has everything you need for an enjoyable, and peaceful holiday. Come and visit us and be our guest! You are most welcome. For detailed information about our resort you can visit our site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Teos Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Teos Hotel Seferihisar
- Hotel Marmara Teos
- Teos Village Seferihisar, Turkey - Izmir Province