All reviews archaeological museum big mall shopping mall buffet breakfast night's sleep fish pond the bus amenities english city km receptionist channels patience tourists liras vegetables
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, after reading the bad reviews we decided to give it a shot, as we thought people had been exaggerating.

First impressions of the hotel were great, the avlu is lovely, the rooms are modern and in good size it was simply an average hotel.

We noticed the hotel was severely understaffed, there was only one receptionist, no valet service or bellboys, which we thought was unusual for a Hilton Hotel. Room service is not available after 10pm. These didn't bother us that much tbh.

We went out for dinner and came back to the hotel, only to see a large queue of people waiting for that one receptionist to locate them to their rooms, she looked extremely overwhelmed.

We went to our room, and it was boiling - the aircon had not been working even though we had left it on (left one of the room keys inside too), we waited for another hour or so but it was blowing out room temperature air, so we phoned the reception. The receptionist said they would someone upstairs to check on it, we waited, an hour went by and nobody had come up to our room, we phoned again, they said they couldn't find anyone so the receptionist himself came up to our room. He played around with the aircon and said it would start working in 20-30 minutes.

Half an hour went by and it was warmer than it originally was, we asked for them to change or room which they happily did. BUT THE AIRCON IN OUR NEW ROOM WASN'T WORKING EITHER!! At the point we had lost hope and realised the corridors and common areas of the hotel were also boiling hot (32degrees), they simply didn't even have vents in the bar area or in the corridors.

We sat outside until 2am, came back up to the room and it had gone from 32 to 28 degrees in 2 hours. The receptionist said there was nothing they could do, as a last resort we went to the ice machine, to get buckets of ice, out of the 3 machines on the 3 floors the only one that worked was the first floors.

We had to sprinkle the ice under the duvet and some towels, and sleep on the duvet, this seemed to work fine, we were cool and ready to sleep by 3.30am.

5.30 am in the morning the aircon broke and made the loudest bang I have ever heard, we both ended up waking with only 2 hours of sleep in this hotel.

So... no I don't recommend this hotel at all if you want a good nights sleep, without having to sleep on icecubes all night. This is definitely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, despite the staff trying their best, which I believe they did, the owners must spend more money on the hotel by employing new people and improving the conditions of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Wish they had more comfortable pillows, after all what more could a hotel room give than a good night's sleep? Except for that, being centrally located, it gives you all that one can enjoy his/her stay.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

It’s a nice hotel in the city center .. it’s not a new hotel but still not bad .. the staff will trying to help you to have a good stay .. shopping mall is walking time from the hotel .. you will enjoy it .

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2018

The hotel is a modern Garden Inn, with all the good qualities typical of this chain. The location is very attractive, although a bit off-the way, and the hotel is pleasant. The rooms are large; they are comfortably equipped, also including a good armchair and a tea table; however the bed of my room was somewhat tired and the bedding was less than satisfactory (too much synthetic stuff); there are coffee-making facilities, pressing facilities and a safe; the TV has some Western information channels, although not many; cleanliness is good;. The bathroom has all the amenities and the fixtures expected in a Garden Inn, although some fixtures show signs of fatigue (the sink drain and the control of the temperature of the shower). The buffet breakfast provides sufficient fill-up. There is a business centre located in a dedicated room and provided with 2 computers and a printer; the keyboards are Turkish, but the system interprets them as standard international ones; as a consequence, most keys are misinterpreted, and typing is a painful task; the Internet browser is so obsolete that it is not possible to connect with any up-to-date site. The hotel provides a good map of the town and the staff tries to be helpful, but it’s very difficult to get information from them; a few staff speak English, but communication with the others is nearly impossible, due to a nearly impassable language barrier (albeit I currently speak four major European languages and I understand a couple more).

Several managerial choices are questionable, and do not contribute to the quality of the hotel. Air conditioning was supplied only when explicitly requested: I stayed three nights, and every night I had to renew my request. There were no hangers in the wardrobe: to get some I had to request them, also specifying how many I wanted. There was no blanket on my bed: it was supplied only after request. The room was provided with coffee-making facilities, but coffee was only supplied on request. Nobody in the hotel was able (or willing) to tell me how to go downtown by foot: they stubbornly insisted that I should "take a taxi"; so I was obliged to go to the nearby Museum, in search of somebody speaking some European language and willing to help me. One day the room had not yet been made up at dusk: I had to take action for obtaining the service. I acknowledge that all my requests were satisfied right away; nevertheless it is very annoying to be obliged "to beg" for services which are a normal task of the hotel and should be automatically provided. According to my experience, the infrastructure of the hotel deserves a rating 4, whereas the service doesn't exceed the rating 2: the average is 3.

The hotel is in a very pleasant peripheral area, in sight of the extraordinary Archaeological Museum (which is about 400 metres away) and its beautiful park. The neighbourhood in very quiet. The only urban facilities near the hotel are: a shopping centre behind the hotel (also provided with a supermarket) and a few simple and cheap eateries in front of it. The centre of the town is about 2 kilometres away, and in May 2018 a taxi ride to downtown cost 10-15 Liras (2-3 €). A taxi from the bus station had a set price of 40 Liras (8 €), whereas the reverse ride cost about 25 Liras (5 €).

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

The hotel management are lying when they fool the guests about the air conditioning system! They are using only a blower fan inside the rooms instead of air condition. I changed my room when I thought there was something wrong with my room air conditioning system, but it’s appears to when i changed the room that it is the same thing.. THERE IS NO AIR CONDITION SYSTEM.. ONLY BLOWER FAN.

Stay away from this hotel if you want to enjoy your vacation.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business