“Nice hotel, very close to the beach”
Review of Hotel Noordzee

Hotel Noordzee
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cadzand
Netherlands
“Nice hotel, very close to the beach”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Rooms are beautiful. The indoor swimming pool and spa are beautiful. Location is great: only a few meters from the beach. Cadzand-Bad is (at least in February, when we were there) not very attractive. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant the first night. That was so great, that we decided to have dinner again the 2nd evening. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Liege, Belgium
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This is a really nice and lovely hotel, we found it so romantic. Rooms are nice decorated and spacious. Staff was OK. We had a great evening dinner, huge portions… Breakfast was also a good moment. We will for sure come back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Hotel Noordzee in Cadzand is a beautiful little gem right by the North Sea. It is a modern but cozy place with friendly staff. Both the rooms and the restaurant are very stylish. We booked a suite with a sea view which was very nice. Our room was on the first floor - try to get one on the second floor at least, to have an even better view.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We stayed in two rooms for our two night stay: the first was a South Beach room on the fifth floor with views over the dunes and sea and over towrds Zeebrugge; the second night was in the Tower, which is all about the view.
The South Beach room: Very comfortable, well equipped and very pleasing on the eye. The room had a balcony which we ventured onto briefly before resigning ourselves to the fact that -1C was not really balcony weather. You'd probably see some fantastic sunsets in Spring / Summer. The room was quite spacious and rather cleverly put together with the bathroom basin behind the bed and outside the bathroom (you have to see it, it does work). The bathroom had a good spacious shower. There was also a bath in the bedroom which I thought was more of an obstruction than anything else.
Th Tower Room: A smaller room with the added inconvenience of having to go downstairs to the bathroom, shower and toilet. It was equipped with CD / DVD player. The great thing about this room was the view - 360 degrees out onto canal, sea, the town, dunes and all from the hotel's only sixth floor.
The other facilities of the hotel are the wellnss spa and the swimming pool. The spa is excellent with a steam room and two saunas and relaxation areas (tea provided). Sensibly clothing is not allowed. Nor are children. We didn't use the pool.
Free Wi-fi throughout.
The restaurant serves good quality and filling meals although the service on our second night was a bit slow. One gripe - they keep the wine separate from your table...why?
I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a seaside break in very pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
I get the impression they are often full, or very nearly; you may need to book in advance.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oost - Vlaanderen
Reviewed November 7, 2009

When I need a break I go to Cadzand. Beautiful sea and very quiet. Just wonderful.
I come already 3 years to Cadzand and I always been in Hotel Noordzee (hotel north sea). The Hotel is in the dunes and close to the sea. So location perfect! You can see the sea in some rooms and that is really fantastic.
The hotel is in New England style and the food is ecxellent. Aswell at dinner as at breakfast.

My favorite room is the Romantic Suite. We once had a normal room and we didn't like it. But they would be bussy with innovations of those rooms. But the room (romantic suite) is very beautiful and very comfortable. The room doesn't overlook the sea, but when you book the highest (I think 5th floor) floor you can see the sea. There is airco in the room.

The hotel also have a swimmingpool inside, a spa and sauna. The hotel also have a private parking for the guests in the hotel.

The food in the restaurant is delicious. Dinner and breakfast are really great. In breakfast you have a wide choice. With dinner : the sole is really great! I love the sole there. The ice cream there is too very good. So the restaurant is really good! Those things are my favorite but everything is really good so far as I know. (À la carte, I can't speak about half board because I never taken that.) When you want a table at the window (so you can see the sea) say that in advance.

The service is very good. They are very polite and helpful.

What I didn't like at the hotel? I really don't know.

When I leave I look back on a great 3days!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank judith_dhondt
Anzegem
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Stayed here for a relaxing weekend and it was relaxing. Rooms are very nice (nicely decorated, spacious and very clean). Service is oké, friendly staff at the reception and in the restaurant. Breakfast is very good with a large choice of fresh products. View and location is great when you are a fan of the sea and the beach. Wellness-accomodation is good but had no time to use it. Dinner in HP was good but maybe do some people expect more of it. Nevertheless a very good hotel but with a certain price for it!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Wetteren, Belgium
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I have been to Hotel Noordzee for three times the last two years. Mostly we stay there when things in everyday life get too hectic. Cadzand is a seaside village and really a haven of peace.
Hotel Noordzee, which is situated in the dunes, offers seaside views, dune views and views onto a canal. It is well-furnished in a kind of New England style. The hotel has a private parking, free of charge. The beach is actually in your backyard.
Over the years the rooms have been refurbished in shifts. My favorite is the romantic suite. We also had a normal room once with a balcony, but found this less appealing. The romantic suite doesn't overlook the sea, but the canal. However when you book the one on the highest floor you can see the sea. I also experienced that this one has the better controlable airco.
The rooms are well-kept and the bathrooms also. Be sure to pack washing clths however, since they are not provided.
Breakfast buffet is really great with lots of choices. My husband had to go to a meeting once and he had to leave before te actual start of the breakfast service. We notified in advance and the ladies who were busy in the kitchen preparing everything, served him.
A little downside maybe is that the corridors can be a bit warm. I think it has to do with the indoor pool and sauna fascilities.
Since last year a spa is added to the hotel. I haven't used it personally, but I will definitely do so in the future. Next August we will be there again.
The meals à la carte are the only ones I can judge, because I have never taken half board. The portions are large and I wouldn't say this is haute cuisine but a good bistro kitchen. The fish dishes are very nice. Maybe a little more flexibility towards seating positions in the restaurant would be better. Even if you ask in advance it sometimes seems a real difficultiy to get a window seat overlooking the sea. We have experienced the window tables being free and still it seems not possible to sit there.
All in all I really like the hotel and also the town of Cadzand. For me and my family it is our place nearby to unwind.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank sabinemartens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadzand
Hotel de Blanke Top
De Drie Gevels
De Drie Gevels
#5 of 6 in Cadzand
Golden Tulip Beach Hotel Westduin Vlissingen

Been to Hotel Noordzee? Share your experiences!