“nice and clean”

Postillion Hotel Utrecht/Bunnik
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bunnik
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is nice and very modern (renovated). The staff was friendly and helpfull and even called us after 15 minutes to ask if everything was oké in our room. The room we booked was small but comfortable, certainly good enough for one night. If you wanted to sit down and relax there was the spacious public area available. The room was very clean. The location was perfect, close to the highway and close to Utrecht. Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice, spotless clean ultra modern hotel. Clearly newly renovated. The design details, cocoon chairs, big fireplaces and a vast open plan feel was "Real Cool", can't put it much better. Beds were extremely comfy and the bathroom was incredibly spa-like with a rain style walk in shower. Staff were friendlier than any of the three hotels I stayed at in Utrecht itself. Would not really recommend it if you are over to visit Utrecht, although in terms of value for money it is definitely worth considering. Only drawback was the expensive "non-inclusive" breakfast and the very odd dining experience my colleagues and I had when we had dinner there one evening during our stay. The food was all wrong and made no sense, the menu offered meal deals but we were never brought the sides we asked for and we had to constantly ask for items that were missing but I'll just put that down to "misunderstandings" as my colleagues who stayed a few days longer did not have any particular issues with food subsequently. Definitely one I can recommend, simply forgot to review this one at the time!

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing the back seem quieter in terms of road noise from the motorway on the othe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a one night stopover on a tour of the area.Spotlessly clean,friendly helpful staff, ultra modern,very spacious public areas,good food and a warm very comfy room. Perfect stopover for weary travelers

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice highway hotel, clean and modern. Nice hospitable staff. The drawbacks some noice from the main road and on the first day the egg live cooking was not functioning and having to order resulted to a delay. We visited for a fair in Uttrecht and the rate was much better than the hotels around the fair. The drive to the fair was easy yet if you get stuck in the traffic jam you need to be a smoker as you will stay there for ever! The rooms were ok and it offered free parking wich is a plus. I would visit again and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Situated along Highway A12 at Bunnik we have to say they did a nice job renovating the lounge and the restaurant. Some might call it modern, a bit open and without a warm atmosphere but we believe it looks pretty good.
We decided to have dinner at had a nce table close to tha fire place. It takes some time and questions to understand the menu but the service is nice and patient. My business partner took the pork dice where I made achoice for duck breast. We can only say it was good. I liked the wya my dish was done: duck breast on top of warm slices of apple and black pudding.
The one remark we want to make is that they have to train their younger employees Twice we ordered a drink and that didn't go trough where the more experienced people were very prompt.
Parking is not a problem. Being a guest or having lunch or dinner means parking is for free.

I believe we will come back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank globetrotter1311
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is a good potion for travellers and people who want to move around, Is the lonely Good Hotel in Bunnik, In general Hotel is New and Modern, rooms too but some Facilities are not in this hotel, There is not Breakfast included in room price averall in Netherland, There is no Minibar in Postillion Bunnik too, There is not Safe box also, Another Tip, Pay Attention for Telephone Room at this Hotel, Maybe I'm wrong But I have been Charged for 158 Euro in this Hotel so false, I travel a lot of and I know very good How much I speak in Phone, but like Postillion Bunnik never Happened.Supossed I found some good deal at this Hotel Which I balanced to Phone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Just had dinner with two people. The stranges food ever. I had the pig. It was not bad but a bit dry. The ham was nice but the shiitake and the paksoi tasted of nothing. As if it was boiled in water. No special flavour or sauce was to be tasted.
My husband had the goose. That was a lot better! It was a cold meal. Some of the things on the plate were very filling and rich. Strange enough it came with chips. All in all I would not eat here again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Been to Postillion Hotel Utrecht/Bunnik? Share your experiences!