“Pleasant rustique place, but stairs to rooms 11 - 15 steep”
Review of PUUR Lage Vuursche

PUUR Lage Vuursche
Ranked #1 of 2 Bilthoven B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We booked by Internet a room and found that the room we were allocated was upstairs via a steep stairs with narrow steps. As we are senior and my wife doesn't have very good vision we were a bit shocked as the site of the hotel doesn't mention the fact that the access to some rooms may be difficult to some people. The lady receptionist offered us another room, called apartment which it really is, for only a small supplement downstairs.
It solved our problem and had a pleasant stay in the woods.

Room Tip: Attention to the access to rooms 11 - 15,steep stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PUUR L, Eigenaar at PUUR Lage Vuursche, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, earlier this year.

I'm very glad to hear that you appreciated the solution for the stair-situation.

We have 3 apartments and 2 double rooms on the ground floor, so if one guest have problem with the stairs, please mention this in your booking so we can book a room downstairs.

Hope to welcome you again at our B&B, and this time without the steep stair shock of course!

There are newer reviews for PUUR Lage Vuursche

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Combination hotel and camp site in a quiet forest area.

Stayed here as a base for cycling day trips. Very basic room, (no TV) but clean, comfortable and fine for our needs.

Excellent and plentiful breakfast. Free, fast wi-fi. Very friendly and helpful staff. Somewhere to get a beer at the end of the day after 150km in the saddle would have been great, but otherwise everything was great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well this was a nice change! The PUUR Hotel Lage Vuursche is situated in a clearing in the forest. There is a camp site and chalets but we stayed in the hotel. Our room was very nicely decorated and had a balcony looking out into the wonderful green surroundings. Everything worked perfectly, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom clean and well designed. It was not possible to eat here as one has to book in advance. From the look of the kitchen and the quality of breakfast I would guess that a well planned evening meal here would be a good experience. Just a guess. The price was ok, but to ask 5% for the use of a credit card is a little exagerated if not even illegal? Not sure. Nevertheless a very pleasant one night stay

Room Tip: Take a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Located in an amazing forest. Nice hosts. Chalet is nice.
We stayed for one night. Includes breakfast, linen and towels.
shower stall doors wouldn't seal so water were all over the floor
the kids wouldn't go to sleep before I removed spider webs over their beds
Every guest is kindly asked to wipe clean the Chalet and get rid of the trash before leaving, Otherwise he might have to pay 50 euros more (we cleaned)
We paid 188 euros for a couple +3
In my opinion, too expensive for the value

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My Partner and I were taking our caravan across to the Netherlands for the fist time to stay near Utrecht where my youngest daughter works. We had scoured various websites for a touring caravan site, but my daughter found this for us.
What a wonderful place. Peaceful, family run, welcoming and excellent value for money. Much better than many UK sites.
Have no fear of language difficulties – the family speak excellent English (one member having studied at Plymouth University. Breakfast, home prepared bread coffee and dinner (pre-booking necessary) are all available. An excellent display of local attractions is provided.
Nearby is the village of Laage Vuursche (10 mins walk) in which are several excellent restaurants.
The whole area is set in a forest through which there is excellent walking and hiking.
Beautiful Utrecht is 20 minutes away; many interesting places to visit are nearby.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough and we shall certainly return

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Booked this place almost by accident, mainly for its location close to some waypoints I was visiting in Holland. Lage Vuursche is a forest with a lake, and is probably considered a chic area, considering that the Queen has a residence there. This hotel is set outside the town centre, around 5 minutes' walk. Parking is easy. The rooms are great, with ensuites, and are beautifully lit by natural light.

Breakfast is fantastic, with freshly baked bread and focaccia. When needed, we were provided with a packed breakfast due to an early departure. Tasty, abundant and fresh.

They seem to be very flexible about cooking meals for guests. There is no menu, you just tell them what you want beforehand. Didn't try this, but maybe I should have.

A word of warning about Lage Vuursche. Restaurants close very early! Kitchens close at around 19:00, so make sure you calculate your timings correctly. There is one pub serving pizza, and another doing some meat dishes, otherwise you're very much confined to the local speciality which is pancakes.

Room Tip: Rooms at the extremities of the building suffer from poor wi-fi coverage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MalteseGlobeTrotter
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Last night I stayed at this B&B/campsite/restaurant as it was right in the middle of my 2 day walkingtrip. The welcome was really warm and friendly. I had booked a single room for €34,50 which is really cheap in Holland, with shared bathroom and toilet. The room was simple, bed, table, chair but with a waterbassin and it was clean. The toilet and shower were clean too, which is great when you have to share. As I had anticipated my legs would prevent me from going anywhere for dinner that evening I had booked the daily special, which was very nice and consisted of a salad, a pie (they have several choices), warm veggies and rice. Good choice, it was really tasty. Breakfast was also very good, freshly baked warm bread, cold cuts, lots of cheeses, boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, tea, juice. Nothing to complain about .... Except for my lunch. I asked if they could do a lunchbox and they did. For € 8,50 they made 4 very dry sandwiches, a chocolate bar and some juice .... After breakfast I expected better. But this is a really small complaint, maybe I am just spoiled:-).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bilthoven
Hotel Ernst Sillem Hoeve
Hotel Ernst Sillem Hoeve
#1 of 1 in Den Dolder
Van der Valk Hotel De Bilt- Utrecht
Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen
Bed & Bubbles
Bed & Bubbles
#2 of 2 in Bilthoven

Been to PUUR Lage Vuursche? Share your experiences!