“Tasteful dishes”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

DH and I enjoyed a ten course menu, which absolutely tasted wonderful. Each and every dish was very good. That said, we had expected some more variety in the presentation of the dishes, that was really different from other star restaurants we have dined at, it could have been more like a feast for the eyes, as well.

Service was correct, but not overly warm. We were mainly given dry information about the dishes and the wines. As we had asked for accompanying wines with the dishes, we did not exactly know what to expect. The wines were fantastic, but a little too much. They served us 7 full glasses, which was rather too much of a good thing.

All in all, a good experience, a little overpriced perhaps, but worth the trip to this quaint little village.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I happily enjoyed a dinner at Kaatje. The food was perfectly prepared - although I can't say that the savory dishes 'blew my mind.' That said, the sweet dishes were out of this world; some of the best desserts I've ever enjoyed (our hats off to the pastry chef!). And the service was so attentive that it almost felt like we weren't in Western Europe! This is not to bash the European service philosophy - just to say that Kaatje was a cut above other Michelin Star establishments we've been to when it comes to friendly demeanor and attentiveness.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Not having visited Kaatje for 2 years, the refurbishing and the meal was beyond expectation. Whereas the meal lacked of fantasy some two years ago and the interior design was a complete minimalist miss, now Kaatje backtracked in its steps.
The interior has been remodeled in less aggressive colours and gives much more comfort and privacy. However, the 6-course menu was the greatest surprise. From amuse till desert, it was a feast. Well done.
Oh ja, the wealth of cartoons have been brought back from the attic and get their proper place on the wall again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This was really great. The food and wine was all pleasantly surprising and perfectly balanced. From the herring with horseradish to the varieties of duck breast and belly pork, with little details and accents that elicited several rounds of mmmm. Not to mention the goats cheeses and the desserts. We got all this for an amazing special price coupon - and rivals any 3 star restaurant that I've been to.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a great dinner however the beginning was much too slow. We started of at 19hours, an amuse was served and the first 2 dishes, 2 hours later all glasses were empty, when somebdy looked at our tabe no action was done. I became a bit irritated and shared my frustration of the slow service. After having said that, the speed went up and in the last 2 hours we had 4 courses and coffee. The dishes were very tastefull, especially the Blokzijler brok is a surprise.