“It seemed store bought, not home made”
Review of Patmos

Patmos
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Wormerveer
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2019

The service was decent and what you would expect in a North Holland hamlet based restaurant: very young Dutchies with proper manners. Now and then the owner pops out of the kitchen to wish everybody a good meal. All very endearing.

But, why soak the stuffed wine leaves in a Knorr sauce that's not supposed to be there in the first place? Why serve ready to cook bifteki stuffed with feta when you can't create your own grill stripes (admit it, those were on the meat when you opened the package), or when you are unable to heat it up to such a temperature that the cheese melts? And why is supermarket bought garlic sauce served with the gyros, while you claim to serve tzatziki? It was a watery sauce with sugar and garlic, no yoghurt, nor cucumber, nor proper garlic was detected..

I did like the gyros. It wasn't dry as you get it in most mediocre Greek restaurants. It was juicy and enjoyable. Thank you for this.

I know, I kept my mouth rather shut during our visit, so it's not fair I'm writing this. The truth is, we had fun despite the food we were served and I loved the locals who brought confidence to the place.

This review is not for the locals. They should go ad find out for themselves what proper Greek food is. For non locals: don't take that train to Wormerveer.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

What a great place in a wonderful cosy atmosphere where the food is delicious! This teeny tiny restaurant offers a great greek experience and the food is nothing but amazing! The staff is friendly and the whole experience makes you feel at home. A must visit if you are in Wormerveer.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Lovely meal. Great staff very caring. Great atmosphere. Food was amazing but you do need to book a table as restaurant is quite small.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We ate here on our last night of 4 in Wormerveer. It was a Wednesday night, and it was fairly busy. We didn't have a reservation, but if you are planning ahead, you should make one as it would be sad to come and not have a seat!
As a family with three kids, we always appreciate a good kids menu (aka not chicken nuggets). Patmos did not disappoint in that area. My ordered 3 different kids meals and all were very tasty. One steak, one chicken and one ground beef. They all came with a little salad and nice portion of fried potatoes and some apple sauce.
I ordered the Patmos mixed grill of kabobs and it was great. My wife had the mixed grill also, but not on kabobs (also very good).
The staff was very friendly, and made my daughters day as they showed her how they folded the table napkins. Prices were good for our vacation budget!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 14, 2017

very good food, good price quality. friendly personnel. good sphere..The cook will come bye your table if he has the time.

Date of visit: June 2017