“With a quick trip in Amsterdam for the day. Excellent stay!!!!!!!”

Hotel Het Hart van Weesp
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weesp
Wiesbaden, Germany
“With a quick trip in Amsterdam for the day. Excellent stay!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here with my two teenagers who are in country for the summer. 19 Forrest, and 17 Eion, year old boys. We looked at all these pricey hotels when we came across this. It is a excellent stay. The town of WEESP, in the Netherlands is a small quaint fishing village with canals that run through it. We stayed here and a 5 minute walk to the train station and you are on the train into Amsterdasm. Drops you off at Cntral stationin about a 8 minute trip after a couple stops. It is expensive to park or stay in the city. After the trip we came back to find a couple places still open which we stopped by a local place to have a beer wiht the locals. Before we came back to the room we walked to a nearby Gelato ice cream stand to which the whole town was lined up for some, and it was worth the walk...... I will stay agai everytime i go into the city at the hotel, just a off the beaten path gem........

Room Tip: All the rooms are very quiet, anmd the even have foldout beds too. we stayed ina room wiht three b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you are looking for a Radisson or a Marriott this is not for you. The service is more guest house standard than hotel. My key was waiting in an envelope for me at the door when i arrived at 10.00pm on a Sunday night with instructions on how to get to my bedroom. Dinner was not available in the evenings nor was lunch but a fine resteraunt was just around the corner. This is not to detract from the hotel but to give an understanding of the services available. My room was clean, fairly spacious and standard with a perfectly adequate ensuite. I would have liked to have had coffee making facilities in the room. My bedside lamp was too dim for reading and i requested the next morning for a brighter bulb which was delivered within minutes. Continental breakfast was supplied for an extra €9.00.

So, for half the price of an Amsterdam hotel in a beautiful quiet setting, not bad at all.

Room Tip: Brighter rooms are overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bingley, UK
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stop there on business. The (many) rooms are generally dark and basic in my experience, but otherwise OK. No heating in the bathroom, but the bedroom itself is warm enough. I would prefer a bar of soap in the bathroom/shower rather than liquid soap in a dispenser. A kettle and coffee supply would be a welcome "luxury". There is a bar downstairs frequented by locals, who we found friendly. No restaurant but the bar/bistro next door is excellent and very friendly - used it many times. Breakfast is pretty good and coffee is excellent. Weesp centre is just over the nearest bridge and is quite picturesque with a number of nice-looking restaurants. In summary I have to rate it as average because of the basic facilities but it is a perfectly acceptable place to stop and I will definitely stop there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I visited Weesp on business, it's a pleasant sleepy little town quite close to Amsterdam. It's easy to get there from Schipohl Airport (about 25 minutes by direct train and only 4.50 Euros each way) and the hotel is a short walk (10 minutes) from the station.

The hotel is well located close to the town centre and has a bar/restaurant attached. I didn't eat there for my evening meal, but had the buffet breakfast which was plentiful and good quality.

I had a single en-suite room which was spotlessly clean, well appointed and perfectly adequate for one night.

It's not a flashy hotel, but good for a business trip (free wifi) and the staff were helpful in letting me check in a few hours before the official check-in time as my room was ready.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Shrimpergarry
Douglas, Isle Of Man
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My third visit to Weesp and also to this hotel as I think it is the only one there. This was the best room we'd had yet and it was great to have a kettle and a fridge.

The location is perfect, just in the centre of what is a very pretty town and it overlooks the canal.

It is not expensive and perhaps a little basic for some tastes but the staff seem friendly.

Breakfast is equally simple but good enough for this type of establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Weesp is a pretty little town and a breath of fresh air after central Amsterdam. However, as one other reviewer has mentioned; I had someone barge into my room at 8am while I was still in bed, said "pardon" and went out again. Ten seconds later he unlocked the door again and threw towels into my room. 8am is too early to be checking if guests have left. There appears to be no room service, only towel givers.

Also, I had a group of drunk idiots in the room next door on both nights I was there, I told them to shutup but they did not. As reception staff are only there until 10pm, I had noone to help me with this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Donato Milanese, Italy
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I slept one night in this hotel and is located in a nice city close to Amsterdam named Weesp. 5 minutes the way from hotel to railstation, the price is about 6 euro two way. 10 minutes from Weesp to Amsterdam with train.

The room was clean and comfortable and the price is not expensive. This hotel is the good deal for who don't like hostel, because the price of the hotel in Amsterdam is so far from Het Hart.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weesp
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Riverside
Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam / Arena Boulevard
NH Naarden
NH Naarden
#1 of 2 in Naarden

Been to Hotel Het Hart van Weesp? Share your experiences!