Hotel Tatenhove Texel
Hotel Zeerust(De Koog)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgood nights sleeplovely gardenon arrivalgermancountrysidecyclebikesvillagefacilitiestexel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here a long weekend in february 2011. Off season, but the island of Texel is a place for all seasons. Nice modern comfortable room. Very nice wellness facility. Friendly people. Great restaurant, excellent food!
Great value for money. Would certainly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

A surprise last minute trip booked via a 3rd party website only hours before arrival - yet (unusually) the hotel had our reservation, were expecting us and were wonderfully welcoming (in english).
We were shown to our room - though not helped with heavy bags - and the various details of the room pointed out - the staff hung around unusually long, possibly for a tip but with no bag carrying offers he didn't get one. That aside, staff were polite but in no way overly chatty or intrusive.
The hotel is comfortable and relaxing, buffet breakfast offered a really good choice. They stop food/evening meal early and could not offer us anything to eat on arrival - but were happy to suggest alternatives in the nearby village.
The lounge area is warm and very comfortable with a log fire section - or views out over the countryside. They have lots of newspapers and magazines, though none in english.

Bike hire was cheap and for great quality bikes (though no offer of maps/directions/help etc) We were able to leave bags after our check out though the options for this are in the public area or the staff kitchen.

Overall, given the price paid we were not expecting the level of comfort and luxury this hotel offers. I would go back and reccomend it to others wanting a bit of comfort on Texel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid September and enjoyed it very much (other than the weather!). We had a lovely room with balcony and pleasant view. Breakfast was very good and plentiful, staff were pleasant and efficient. We did not have evening meals in the hotel. Although I am sure that the quality of the food would have been good, there was no menu and no choice, both of which we prefer to have. However, there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Room 42 is quiet, with a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Over the years I have stayed so many times in this hotel, and I always came back very satisfied. The location is excellent, the management is always trying to fulfill your requirements, anyway: very rewarding. Dinners are excellent, and a ' your wish is my command' -mentality is certainly there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank samsonia
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Perfect place for a long weekend getaway.
Located in De Koog. Good place to move around the island. You can rent a bike directly at the hotel and spend the day out cycling. Surrounded by green fields and a little pond full of ducks and geese.
The hotel itself is cozy and quiet. Staff is friendly. I was in this hotel in 2008 and I already liked it but in my last stay I saw that it had been refurbished.
In my second stay I booked the romantic package which included dinners and it was a great choice.
I really recommend this hotel (not sure why is ranked as B&B in tripadvisor). Great choice for disconnecting from the rest of the world a few days.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple