“Lovely food but be careful if you have allergies!”
Review of Pangkoekehuus

Pangkoekehuus
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in De Cocksdorp
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Leiden, The Netherlands
“Lovely food but be careful if you have allergies!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We came here for our main evening meal recently and the evening started off well, as they had a table for us and said they could do gluten free pancakes. I ordered a gluten free "Texel" pancake and my husband had the shaorma pancake. Both were very tasty and large enough as a main meal. Unfortunately,once I'd eaten my pancake the manager came over and told me that there had been a mistake somewhere and actually I'd had a normal pancake rather than a gluten free one. He was very apologetic and we didn't end up paying for the meal, but I was left worrying about what ill effects might befall me the next day. It was a real shame as the food was very nice, and not overpriced for a tourist resort, but if I'd had a life threatening nut allergy for example, it could have ended up very much worse.

• Visited May 2013

Bogis-Bossey, Geneve, Switzerland
“Dutch pancakes”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Not a very special place that serves very mediocre and tasteless pancakes. Bbeing of dutch origin renders comparison feasible. Personnel is very friendly and easy going.

• Visited August 2012