“Affordable B&B” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Santpoort-Noord
Bali, Indonesia
“Affordable B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My friend booked this hotel for me and end up I was happy. The hotel cute, tiny and well managed.
My room was in the top roof so tiny and only for one person. The room was clean and the bed was convenient. Only the bed sheet was not ironed so it looked lousy. The bath room was clean and enough to move around. The amenities were available like any proper hotel such coffee maker, tea maker with any kind of tea other toiletries. Everything was perfect for me who traveled alone. They server breakfast too. There is nothing that I can complaint with the price that I paid.
Bottom line was content

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Nia01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Over the years we have stayed in this hotel twice for a few nights because of its convenient location for us. The last time we stayed there, the quality had deteriorated considerably. The owner or manager was nowhere to be seen and the running was left to a young vacation student from overseas, friendly but with a low understanding of service. The room was not tidy, small and noisy. The overall impression was more akin to a backpacker's hostel than a hotel. This is a pity, but for us never again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Santpoort-Noord hotels

Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked the Hotel De Weymen for an 8 day stay last month. Upon arrival I was really disappointed in the hotel for many reasons. The room was very outdated, the bathroom was dirty and the towels were thin and smelled. The room was small and very noisy from street being right out the door. I could hear the folks in the next room talking. After staying one night due to not having a back up plan I cancelled the balance of the stay. The owner was quite upset and argued with me. She then charged me a cancellation fee. Having traveled world wide I do beleive this hotel would rank in the bottom 3 and the attitude of the owner would be the bottom. Whoever rated this hotel as 3 star needs to go back and do it again. I warned the owner this review was coming. She didn't care so hear it is. Stay across the street at the Bastion Hotel, quite nice and clean and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Astoria Hotel Weyman is a family owned hotel styled to be a home from home.

The owner is a hands-on proprietor and the whole atmosphere is very welcoming and friendly.

I arrived late at night and was greeted by the owner, a very nice Bulgarian lady, she made me feel welcome, spoke excellence English and had a great sense of humour, I was shown to the lift, (the lift is not very big but there is just enough room for a wheelchair). My room was on the first floor, it was big and airy, well lit, clean and well equipped, the bed was the usual continental tandem beds made up to function as a double, the bed was firm but comfortable and I slept very soundly, however there was a very irritating whining noise in the room, when I complained to the owner she immediately offered to change my room, but further investigation revealed it was my electric toothbrush that had inadvertently been turned on and it was the source of the noise.

The bathroom was clean had all the usual accoutrements, well stocked with towels etc. and in addition a complimentary shaving kit and toothbrush and paste.

Breakfast was the usual Dutch meal with a good choice of bread, cold meats, and cheeses tea pots to make real tea and an excellent coffee machine, boiled eggs one day and scrambled eggs the other.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, I returned to the hotel from completing my business and asked if I could have dinner, I was informed that due to there being few guest in the hotel no meal was planned but she would cook me a meal if I so wished, but I was recommended a restaurant three minutes’ walk away! I thank the staff for their recommendation; I had a delicious meal in the Dingspoort Restaurant.

I departed on a Saturday when breakfast was served at 08:00 hours however the owner very kindly arranged to have breakfast served an hour earlier as I had to be at the Airport, a very unexpected and kind service.

Room Tip: The lift is small but there is just enough room for a wheel chair