“Fantastic experience, I would give 4,5 star”

Landgoed Duin & Kruidberg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santpoort-Noord
Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic experience, I would give 4,5 star”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We had company training in this hotel. I don´t understand why here and not in Amsterdam, but probably to keep us away from those coffee bars at night :-)

If you look at the hotel website, it already looks very impressive.. like a chateau or a hunting lodge. And that´s also the feel of the place when you arrive, however, with a little modern twist. I spent 3 nights here and haven´t left the hotel for the whole time. The rooms are large. The beds, duvets and sheets are very comfortable and soft and I am very demanding when it comes to this. I had great sleep. Every room and meeting rome and almost every corner has it´s own nespresso machine... I feel like half of our people got addicted to the coffee during those 3 days.

The food was very good. The breakfast was small but offered all the goodies. The only thing I was missing was selection of freshly prepared eggs. The lunch was simple but the dinners were lovely. French style dining.

The only complain I would have is that on the first night when we arrived I have asked for Campari. They run out of it so I have asked them if they could get it for the next evening as this is my favorite drink.... this has repeaded itself for 3 nights and I never got my Campari...

But overall, very pleasant experience. The staff seems to be very very young, but is very pleasant and professional. The setting is lovely. I would like to come back together with my husband for a getaway weekend.

Room Tip: the building has lot of levels and lot of stairs. it´s almost like a labyrinth. so if you are travel...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Now as i live in Holland I don't book a hotel very often, but for once we made an exception. We wanted to have a romantic weekend somewhere not too far away and as they had a special offer we decided to go for this hotel.
For people with a car it is easy to reach and plenty of parking space and also for people depending on public transport it's good because it's not that far from the train station. The building looks very nice, old... also the entrance is in this style, but once you come to the rooms then you have all the modern comforts you need. The rooms are big, with all that you would like to have in your room including a wonderfull bed!. The Hotel has a nice garden, but we moved on to the dunes which basically start next to the hotel and you can walk for hours there.. we went to the beach, even though it was winter at the time there are still places where you can get a drink... from there we walked to bloemendaal had a drink there at a nice local tea room and as we were exhausted we asked them to call a taxi zhich brought us back to the hotel.

The hotel has a michellin star, but we didnt try it... we were exhausted and ordered room service and even that food was nice!... we had good service during our stay, a nice breakfast the next morning and left with a good feeling, planning to come back one day.

For tourists this is not a bad location i think, it's not that far from Amsterdam, Enkhuizen, Hoorn and Haarlem so if you plan to stay in that area of Holland (Noord-Holland) this might be better than booking a hotel in one of those cities!.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Den Haag
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Beautiful hotel in 16 ha sculpture garden. Super restaurant with Michelin star and modern Brasserie close to the coast and cities like Amsterdam and Haarlem. An old family estate and conference resort. Now a beautiful hotel for the whole family but also for couples. For cycling in the dunes or shopping in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: with Garden view in the house overlooking the teras and park.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Other than an odd shower head in the bathroom (and that was the hotel's attempt to be fancy), I can find nothing but good things to say about my stay here last weekend. The perfect weather helped, of course, but the hotel was remarkable. Gorgeous setting. Very nice restaurant. All the employees there were friendly and cheerful, and seemed happy to be working there. It would be an excellent place for a wedding or small party. And I thought the prices were great for the value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

My family and I use this hotel in the Netherlands as our base (we are British/Dutch but are living abroad), and each and every stay the staff will do their very best to make your stay as comfortable. Rooms are beautiful and ooze class/style.

Food is great, although breakfast can be crowded in the weekend.

Restaurant 'Vrienden van Jakob' is fantastic!

I would recommend this hotel to families but certainly also business people as its location is near the cities Haarlem and Amsterdam.

We are looking forward to our next stay

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed here overnight for a special birthday getaway and it was a truly wonderful experience. Let's face it - the Dutch are hardly known for their customer service, but the staff at D&K went above and beyond to make our stay a pleasant one. We were upgraded to a suite, which was larger than most Amsterdam apartments! The enormous bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Breakfast was standard for a 5-star hotel.
We enjoyed a dinner at Vrienden van Jacob, the Michelin-starred restaurant in the hotel. Again, another spectacular gastronomic experience. The service was outstanding.
This place is wonderful for a weekend getaway outside Amsterdam, and a lovely location to wander through the estate or the nearby beaches. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

We went to stay at this lovely castle on 1 Jan. The castle itself is very lovely, and is in a great location for nice walks etc. The room we had, and to be fair we booked a standard room, was fine without being great. The bed was fantastic, but aside from that it missed the element of luxury. Old carpet etc.

We are pretty down to earth people, but the dining experience we had at the brasserie was pretty disappointing. The food was seriously fantastic, absolutely no faults there, and we are foodies. But the service was terrible. I understand it was 1 Jan but the place was severely understaffed. We booked a table for 8pm, and happily sat at the bar while they worked out our table. Unfortunately this took them to better part of an hour. We checked once half way with them (around 830pm), and still they managed to "forget" us and give our table to other, unbooked guests. Then they rushed us through the (not cheap) meal to try to get rid of us. Quite dissapointing for what was supposed to be a special night.

Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Great buffet.

Very disappointing for the kitchen staff who obviously did a great job, but we would not go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katemate01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santpoort-Noord
Carlton Square Hotel
#2 of 3 in Ijmuiden
NH Zandvoort
#1 of 27 in Zandvoort
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,138 reviews

Been to Landgoed Duin & Kruidberg? Share your experiences!