“Great!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Zevenbergen
Roermond, The Netherlands
“Great!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great hotel. Large clean rooms, friendly staff, large bathroom with excellent shower, breakfast was delicious with lots of food to choose from, more than in your average hotel. We had a very good dinner at the restaurant as well. The only disadvantage was that wifi wasn't very fast, and did not work for my partner at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in the De Borgh, and again I was not disappointed. Comfortable spacious rooms, and lovely breakfast buffet with cooked and cold buffet and warm rolls every morning. Bicycles for hire at a very reasonable price too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pollyjb
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel accommodation is adjacent to, and forms part of, a complex that also has a restaurant, theatre and sports centre. It is close to the center of Zevenbergen. The reception is in the bar area of the restaurant. The room was clean, comfortable, warm and had a good desk. The ensuite was good and had a good shower. The restaurant was good but for Holland it is very good. All the staff that I met were very friendly and helpful

It has to be said that the hot food part of the breakfast buffet was not good - but in Holland I've found that it never is. The WiFi was good but could be a bit flaky at times. Rooms could do with a facility to make a hot drink. (I always take a kettle)

In summary, it is a very good hotel and excellent value for money.

Room Tip: There are 30 rooms. They are all the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tyne and Wear
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I just spent 3 days and nights at this hotel. I'd never been before, and it was booked for me, so I was (as usual) apprehensive. From the moment I stepped up to reception I was impressed with the extremely high quality of service. I worked from my room one day, and also had 2 all-day meetings in the hotel, so I spent a lot of time there, and had exposure to a lot of different members of staff. Each and every one was determined to make my stay a pleasant one.

I ate lunch in the hotel on two of the days, and was very impressed with the range on offer, and the quality of food I had. Prices were not inflated at around 8 Euros for a large, and very tasty, sandwich. It was more like a small meal than a sandwich.

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. Speeds were good, and the connection never dropped throughout the whole of my stay. There is an optional wired connection at the desk in the room if you have a cat5 cable with you.

The room was of a reasonable size and clean and tidy, and the bed very comfortable. As I worked at the desk in my room one day I was disappointed that there was no tea / coffee making facilities. However, this was quickly overcome with a fresh coffee from the bar costing only 1,50 Euros.

The hotel is situated very close to the centre of Zevenbergen which is a quaint and quiet small town. It has everything you need though with banks, supermarket, pubs and restaurants all within 5 or 6 minutes walking distance.

Would I go there again? Absoulutely!

Room Tip: I was told some rooms are quieter than others, but I'm not sure how as Zevenbergen is a quiet pl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I did not stay in the hotel, but had lunch in the restaurant with a colleague. The lunch menu was simple but extensive; the atmosphere was pub-like in a contemporary way and the service by the staff was friendly. Ample free parking in front of the building. The food was tasty; my colleague had an omelet and for me a smoked salmon baguette. To be recommended for a (business) lunch. As I said, I have no review information about the hotel, but if the hotel is managed along the same lines as the restaurant, a good stay can be expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zevenbergen
Golden Tulip Hotel Zevenbergen
Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Trivium
Hotel Princeville
Hotel Princeville
#3 of 16 in Breda

Been to De Borgh? Share your experiences!