“Gem in the mountains!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Irish Town B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Gem in the mountains!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in February. He is Jamaican, and his first experience in the blue mountains, and I am American, also my first time. We had such an incredible time.

We reserved the private cottage, however, as there had been a problem with the water main, Susan accommodated us in the main house, which was still a lovely treat. The property was beautiful- we hiked everyday! One day, we hiked all the way up to bobo hill and visited the spirited rasta community! We took a dip in the freezing cold waterfall on the property (well worth it after a long hike)! The chef and food were amazing and creative.

We had such a great few days staying at rafjams and I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a quiet, peaceful experience with kindness and hospitality! Thank you Susan!

• Stayed February 2014
cjam10, General Manager at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello

Thank you for a lovely review. We always try hard to ensure our guests are totally happy while here and are always at home. Yes of course come treat yourself to a dip in one of the natural pools on property

Hope to see you soon

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jamaica
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Goodbye Hollywell, hello RafJam! Our family came up on RafJam after our Hollywell hopes were dashed but what a beautiful and different experience RafJam turned out to be. The grounds and gardens were incomparable in terms of beauty and layout. Our entire family love any aquatic experience and we fell completely in-love with the fact that we were on an island surrounded by the tranquil sounds of a gently rushing river and beautiful waterfalls. Just a trek uphill brought you to a stunning and breathtaking 20 foot + waterfall where we spent the day lounging and swimming. We could not have dreamed of a better getaway where tranquility and serenity were the order of the day.
Our 2 days were relaxing and thank you Susan for being such a wonderful, sweet, accommodating hostess. We were extremely happy about the Goblin Hills, Portland referral which was yet another wonderful experience. The entire family and staff were pleasant, polite and helpful. Real Jamaicans! With no doubt, we will return - next time for the cottage experience. Till next time RafJam!

The St.Rose Family

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello

Thank you for a lovely review, we are happy you and the children enjoyed it. we always try to deliver, we are creating a lovely spot for all our guests to enjoy.

Hope to see you soon

Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I found out about Rafjam through Tripadvisor and booked it a couple of months before my departure. Susan was so kind and helpful in our mail-correspondence and I couldn't wait for getting there after reading all the great reviews.

Rafjam was all I ever dreamed of. It's located in beautiful surroundings, the staff is amazing and my cheesefilled chicken was the best meal I had during my two weeks in Jamaica, of course with a Red Stripe to go with it:)

I only spent one night there, in the beautiful tree-house that's feels luxury and comfortable all in one. I spent some hours on the balcony, just feeling the peaceful atmosphere, walked around and said hello to the cute puppies and enjoyed some time at the terrace with some good music surrounding me. The beautiful nature and peace and stillness makes you feel that you're in another world.

I fell in love with the place at first sight as I told Susan many times, "I love this, I can almost cry", and it was true. I so hope that I can go back some day and stay much longer.

I wish Susan, her son, Richard The driver, and everyone else I met the best, see you next time!

//Helena from Sweden

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
cjam10, General Manager at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Hello Helena

Wow! such a wonderful review on Rafjam, i know if you ever return to Jamaica this is your home away from home. I am very happy we delivered great service and do hope our team will continue to make everyone happy.

Thanks

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at rafjam for 3 nights. The service was absolutely amazing, the food was made at your request and was always delicious. The entire staff was warm and welcoming, with clean rooms and a beautiful property which includes a breath taking 20 foot waterfall. I cannot wait to stay at raf jam again!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rachel T
Hello

Thank you for your, review, i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the peace and serenity of the property was one of the things you were happy about.

Thanks for your review

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Rafjam was the perfect get away from the hustle of everyday life. a beautiful bed and breakfest tucked away within jah's magnificent mountinous beauty. Rafjam was exactly what i needed and was looking for. I felt safe and welcomed with all rafjam staff. Many thanks to susan and rafjam for a blessed visit. One love...

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Philwhite79
Hello

Thanks for your wonderful review. A pleasure it is to know that we are always at your service, on behalf of the entire staff at Rafjam we take the opportunity to say thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Best

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Set in the spectacular Blue Mountains, Rafjam is fun friendly casual place. The lush grounds means that nature is right outside your window. Great hikes abound nearby, or you can just chill. We enjoyed visiting a nearby coffee plantation, such good coffee! The colorful walls give the property a fun vibe, and you can enjoy mingling with other guests in the common areas. Susan and the staff are so warm, they'll treat you like family. The prices represent good value. You're in the countryside, and that means the roads can be a little rough sometimes, but the surroundings make it so worth it!

And how many places can boast a river complete with waterfall right in the backyard?

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick E
Hello

Thank you for a lovely review, we always do our best for our guests to enjoy themselves. and we are happy you are one of those guests.

Hope to see you again at Rafjam.

Best

Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My first encounter with Rafjams Bed and Breakfast was after a near death experience while hiking..Calm down… all that happened is that it was my first hiking experience and I was overweight, unfit, I underestimated the journey and just sat in the bushes every few minutes until strength returned to my legs. This hike was the beginning of so many journeys for me .....READ MORE ON MY FULL REVIEW HERE http://dabluecommunity.com/publishing/authors/840-dee-hunt/3453-from-a-little-cottage-in-irish-town-st-andrew

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Hello

Oh!! Thank you for a lovely review, of course we are always working on our product to improve it for you our guests, we always doing something new to make you very happy and comfortable here at Rafjam.

Thank you for visiting and hoping to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irish Town
#1 of 27 in Port Antonio
Neita's Nest
Neita's Nest
#1 of 30 in Kingston

Been to RafJam's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!