The first time my friends and I visited Rafjam it was by pure luck that we found it but now it is our go-to place every time we visit the Blue Mountains. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else now! This little bed & breakfast situated in a a valley surrounded by lush foliage and a flowing river revives the spirit and makes you want to just take a moment to just BE. It is the ultimate relaxation destination. Susan and her family are warm and accommodating and makes all guests feel like a part of the family as they go above and beyond to make sure that the guests have everything they can ask for. Home cooked meals, cozy rooms and plenty of Blue Mountain coffee makes you feel like you are visiting relatives in their private house and we always have so much fun as we meet people from all around the world here. It is a little tricky to get to the place since the roads can be challenging but it is all worth it. Susan and her family have become our friends and we cannot wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep in the valleys of the Blue Mountains, Rafjam Bed and Breakfast offers an authentic, local Jamaican experience like none other. Rafjam is located up the B1 highway from Papine in Kingston. After about a 30 minute drive and arrival to the town of Red Light, turn right on Hopewell Road and drive all the way down the cul-de-sac. Nestled between two rivers, the guest accommodations are perched high above the natural scenery: the cascading river in our backyard or the fleeting glimpse of a hummingbird sipping rain water from the petals of a heliconia. The climate in the mountains drifts from sun to cloud all day, with scattered rain. Rafjam offers an ideal spot to soak in the soothing Jamaican sun while not getting scorched along the way. You can always jump into one of the many freshwater pools on the property to cool off, or climb up to the 15 foot waterfall just five minutes away. Born and raised in Springdale Cove, Susan inherited her parent's house and decided to refurbish. Eager to offer a taste of paradise to everyone, she opened these magnificent Blue Mountain Cottages with the help of her husband. This vivacious, real Jamaican lady and her professional, laid back team will welcome you and provide whatever you need for you to enjoy your stay. Rafjam's kitchen serves a variety of succulent Jamaican and international cuisines. Our team includes world renowned chefs who evoke their Caribbean, North and South American, and European palates with their culinary creations. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. A special request? We will cook according to your taste. Many of the items we serve are grown organically right here in our own backyard or acquired directly from local farmers. A global, eco-friendly gustatory experience in the quiet heart of the Blue Mountains.Five star service in a family setting... you will surely be back again! Rafjam: service beyond expectation... Rafjam also has a hostel in Kingston towN,for those of you who wants to stay closer to Kingston for night life, beach, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Travelocity so you can book your RafJam's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafjam`s Bed & Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature Hotel Irish Town
- Rafjam`s Bed And Breakfast, Blue Mountain Cottages And Nature