RafJam's Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Strawberry Hill(Kingston)
$159
$143
$138
Hotels.com
Starlight Chalet & Health Spa(Blue Mountains National Park)
  • Restaurant
Indies Hotel(Kingston)
Liguanea Club(Kingston)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe riverblue mountainsat homethe ownercoffee plantationlooking forwardred lightrental carmy boyfriendbeautiful placehiking trailslove naturechickenport antoniothe main houseevery meallove jamaica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Unlike most visitors to Rafjam I was on a extended stay working with Susan on the Craighton Primary School,I started a group in February called the Jamaican Schools Project to rehab and provide materials to rural schools and Susan offered to house me and any volunteers willing to work on her school.I had contacted her the year before about a short stay there because i had seen pictures and loved the look of the place so it seemed a perfect place to start.We had corresponded for months going over details of my trip so when my classmate Cindy and i arrived at Rafjam I felt like i was home.I took tons of pics in my stay but they dont do justice to the place,every day i noticed different things,plants,flowers,if you love nature,you can never be bored here!!Myself i spent a good amount of time in the pools on the property,besides the main pool with the hydro-massage falls there are 3 other nice pools you can soak in,i walked the entire property barefoot but bring watershoes and you will have a blast!!The gardens are set up so its easy to walk through and there are several areas to sit or lay on a blanket,do yoga,tan if thats your thing.Susan is surrounded by family members and i had a chance to meet all of them in jamaica at this time,they all have their own lives,stories but share the property.Each has their own house and all are built around huge boulders,got to see some of the work!!Susans new addition is a classic example built around several huge boulders overlooking the stream,sweet views!!Since i spent a lot of time at Rafjam i could go on and on but take my word for it,if you like peace,quiet,cool water,babbling brooks,comfortable temps,real people you cant go wrong with Rafjam.Anyone who would like more details feel free to contact me,ill be in NY till new years,then ill be at Rafjam for a longer stay!!!

Room Tip: get ahold of me
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jeffrey22658
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Jeff, what to say? Thank you for everything, all you did for us and for the community. You, as well as Cynthia, now have a home in this little part of the Blue Mountains. It was a real honor and pleasure to meet you and to welcome you in the Rafjam family.

See you around New Year then?

The Rafjam Team

Reviewed August 16, 2012

RafJam Bed & Breakfast brought me into to the heart of Jamaica.
My stay was spiritually uplifting! There is nothing better than being one with Nature and her creatures, sounds, and displays of color. Beautiful gardens and tropical flowers grace the property, and a cool breeze comes through the mountains through the bamboo & trees.
A pristine river tumbles down into a lagoon, where I loved to take my morning dip and explore where it would take me.

The staff at Rafjam welcomed us as family, and we felt right at home. Susan was so sweet, helpful, and cool. Everybody working there was friendly, attentive, and flexible. Meals were scheduled to our convenience and Susan arranged transportation when we needed it. They offer tours to soak up the culture and experience the Blue Mountains, and spa services for relaxation.

I was incredibly sad to leave Rafjam, but I will be returning soon! I left a piece of my heart in the Blue Mountains.

Room Tip: Try to stay in Bedrock Cottage if you can! It's newly constructed and designed by Susan herself. Incredible design using natural boulder walls and breathtaking view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, I could tell that you felt as if you were in paradise, at Rafjam as i always say, our guests are like family visiting and they shold be treated as such, our staff knows this and always puts out their best to please our guests, Bedrock cottage is our master piece and we are happy you got the opportunity to stay there or even see it.....i would suggest more people stay in there.....Looking forward to seeing you again soon.....Susan

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Rafjam was a major highlight of our recent trip to Jamaica. The rickety road into this jungle paradise is well worth it - and much more fun to walk than to drive (if you like hiking). It really is a bit mystical in the Rafjam canyon area, with the little waterfall, the crystal clear cold water of the river and the handmade feel of the homes - the whole place actually seems to fit in with the area naturally and was clearly made with love and inspiration. We loved the food, we loved the folks at Rafjam. We were with a group, and they made us a gorgeous dinner out on their dining porch, followed by delicious drinks and a wonderful evening chillin' with our host. We even came back when we had moved on to another spot for a wedding - because we just love them. At Rafjam, we truly experienced Jamaican hospitality. We already decided that our next trip to Jamaica can be mostly spent at Rafjam...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Lindsay,

It has been a real pleasurable experience to welcome you and your friends at Rafjam. We are happy to know you did enjoyed your stay here and we thank you for your support!

Come back soon, you know where to find us!

the Rafjam team

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I went here over the weekend and this place was just an oasis in the mountains... The service was excellent and the grounds well kept. I loved being so close to nature and would go back any day. Waking up in the morning and seeing the sun come over those mountains, hearing the river... Priceless.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Hello dear guest

Thank you for your review, i am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure having you and do hope you will revisit us someday, Thanks.....Susan

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Rafjam's is by far the best place to stay in the Blue Mountains for anyone who likes to get off the beaten path. Away from the hustle and bustle of Kingston, Rafjam is the place you just come to relax and be truly chill. While there are a few excursions nearby, I suggest this place to just come and sit put. I went up there with my girlfriend, we were super happy about the isolation - even coming from Treasure Beach - and we had a wicked time. It's Jamaica, everything's crooked and a lot of things don't make sense. But that's part of the fun.

Room Tip: All rooms are named after renowned artists.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kmannn155032
cjam10, Owner at RafJam's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, again we are truly happy you had a great time and love our spot in the Blue Mountains. We are happy when our guests can leave and say "we enjoy" Please feel free to continue visiting us.

Thanks