“Make time for this”

Book In Advance
More Info
$177.92*
and up
Small Group Day Trip to Kröller Müller Museum and The Hoge Veluwe National Park...
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Otterlo
More attraction details
Owner description: Kroller Muller Museum features one of the largest Van Gogh collections and the largest sculpture garden in Europe.
Planatation
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make time for this”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was a special find for us. I suggest you try to carve out the better part of a day to see not only the wonderful art collection at the museum(excellent headphone tour recommended) and garden sculptures but take advantage of the free bikes and ride around the estate property; don’t forget the lodge as well. They also have a wonderful cafeteria. You will not be disappointed.

Visited April 2012
KrollerMuller, Manager at Kroller-Muller Museum, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear visitor,

Thank you for taking the time to write down this nice review and for uploading these photos.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your day at the Kröller-Müller Museum and the Park De Hoge Veluwe!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
158 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Kröller-Müller museum (correct spelling)”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been visiting the museum for almost 30 years now, and seen several improvements. The sculpture park takes several hours to walk around, and the sculptures look good in the outdoor setting. Of course my first interest was Van Gogh, and I came here from Amesterdam where the new museum had opened to see perhaps the second greatest collection of this artists works. There are many fine paintings by his fellow artists there also.
We dined in the restaurant "Monsieur Jaques", which was busy. Adequate for our purposes, a typical noisy museum cafe with staff struggling to to keep up with the demand and clear tables for the next diners.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank COSTGA
Colorado Springs, Colorado
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Awe Inspiring”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was my second visit to the Kroeller-Mueller museum. My previous visit was in 1987. I was so impressed with the museum and the sculpture park then, that on returning to the Netherlands after all these years, I had to see it again. I was not disappointed.

The painting collection at the Kroeller-Mueller Museum is perhaps one of the finest and largest Impressionist collections in the world, with a large emphasis on Van Gogh. The museum building is elegant, open and bright on sunny days, with great space to exhibit each work and to properly document them for visitors. The whole building has a very contemporary feel to it, even though it has existed for many years now. There is an excellent cafe with good and reasonably priced food, and there is a nice gift shop with great cards and prints of the artworks in the collection.

The crowning glory of this museum for some visitors, however, may be the VAST sculpture park. I have never seen one that approaches the beauty of this park or that houses such a broad collection of works set in a sublimely peaceful environment. Having seen many of the world's "greatest" museums, I would say that this sculpture park may be the best in the world.

Here I sit 25 years after my first visit and I am just as awed and overwhelmed by this museum's beauty as I was before. It has truly withstood the test of time for me.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank lraff1
Mexico City
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“More than I expected”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

“Terrace of a café at night” is one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings, so when I learned that it was not in the Van Gogh’s museum in Amsterdam, but here, I knew I had to come.

I was pleasantly surprised of how beautiful this place is. It’s in the middle of a national park. We left our car in the parking lot and used the free bikes to reach the museum. I followed the 12 master pieces info guide (available free at the museum) which I found useful. The museum has many Van Gogh’s paintings, there are a couple Picasso’s and a Monet. There are also many contemporary art pieces and I was lucky enough to catch a temporary exhibition of art cars!

The sculputure garden is fabulous. Art and nature mixed together for a very, very pleasant stroll. The garden is large. What you see from inside the museum is just the beginning, there’s plenty more to walk.

Take your time to visit and enjoy this place, indoors and outdoors!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank viajer0mx
Washington, DC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“fantastic museum, fantastic setting”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

the museum has many van Goghs, Seurats, Signac's; a portrait of Mata Hari shortly before she was executed. But, the sculpture "farm" is really the highlight with great Fabre's, a Christo, and lots of other large art, nicely placed. Up and back in a day is possible from Nijmegen if you take the train to Arnhem and then take the bus

Visited November 2012