All reviews decent size local area nice stay forest edge desk bicycles arnhem conference park dinner kms muller starters comfort cheese netherlands
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night for business in the local area.

Hotel is situated in a woodland area well away from busy roads. Rooms are rather basic (slight youth hostel feel) but large and with a rather incongruously modern bathroom.

Friendly staff and nice restaurant. Very nice buffet breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Came to Holland for the Rolling Stones concert in Arnhem but could not get a hotel there so stayed as near as we could. We booked this hotel, its quiet as it is in the woods but it was nice. The rooms are a bit basic but the bed was comfortable. Staff very friendly, breakfast was a nice buffet stylie. Did not have dinner in the restaurant so cant comment.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I had been sitting in planes, trains and airports all day so I decided to walk to the hotel which, I had been told, was just behind Ede rail station. It isn't. Carrying 30 kilos of wheel-free luggage, I eventually found the hotel some 4.5 kilometers due north, at the end of an unusually long and aimless suburban cul de sac lined with sterile Stepford homes, their frozen front rooms staring blankly back at me as I staggered past on my own personal calvary.

But enough about me.

The hotel is, frankly, depressing. Rooms are more budget than the price point would suggest. The beds are mean, the decor is sub-Ikea and the food is over-ambitious. Staff were friendly, but this wasn't enough to compensate for the fact that in the morning, I knew I would have to walk 4.5 kilometers due south to get to the conference venue.

A previous reviewer, for whom English may not have been the first or even second language, described this hotel as 'A great place to trip from'. Mushrooms or acid, I wondered, before deciding on neither. The reception had allowed me to keep my belt and shoe-laces, and I did not want to tempt fate.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank paul c
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed a few times and have enjoyed our stay each time. The rooms are a decent size with a big desk and two lounge chairs. WiFi is for free and is of a good speed. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had dinner each night in the dining room and found the service good with the staff remembering what we would order to drink. Every night they have specials which I had on a few nights and they were delicious. Breakfast is buffet style with all the breads, cheeses, cold meats, eggs jams yogurt and fruit. On our previous visits we hired bicycles and took to the cycling paths in the area. The hotel has lovely park like gardens to relax in.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Quiet place near Arnhem. Rooms are clean and comfortable, stuff friendly and helpful. Hotel is good situated if you want to visit Nationale Park De Hoge Veluwe. You can also rent bicycle hear and travel around...

Date of stay: August 2017